Thread: How to recover broken iTunes links?

How to recover broken iTunes links?

Hello to all,
    I have recently installed Leopard in my computer. I had taken backup of my iTunes library. When I tried to import it back, I found that most of it was found, but some not. I don't for what reason is this happening. Can anyone tell me how to recover broken iTunes links?
    Please help me. Thank you.

Re: How to recover broken iTunes links?

You have to use following steps to fix this problem.
    First open iTunes application -> Now go to Advanced option -> now go to General and check that "Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to library" is not checked. This methods move all your missing songs to iTunes Music Folder.
    After this you will not get any problem.

From your information it seems that you haven't use proper process to restore and that's why you are getting such type of problem. you have to use following steps to do this.
    Restoring from a backup disc

1. Open iTunes.
    2. Insert your backup disc.
    3. iTunes will ask whether you want to restore from this disc. Click Restore.

As per my information you have to use following steps to recover broken iTunes links.
    First go to File menu -> Now go to "Add Folder to Library" option -> select all the album folders needed.
    This is used to create duplicates song in the Library. To avoid this you have to go to View and then Show Duplicates -> now delete the files that has "!" sign next to them.

As per my information you have to use following steps to recover broken iTunes links.
    First Make new playlist in iTunes with all lost songs -> Now Export the playlist with an XML file -> now Edit the XML file -> You can get this link using following string
    Code:
     "<key>Location</key><string>COMMON_PREFIX/UNIQUE_PATH</string>", so replace "<key>Location</key><string>INCORRECT_COMMON_PREFIX" with "<key>Location</key><string>CORRECT_COMMON_PREFIX"
    Now go to File option and then Import the modified XML file.

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your itunes software. It may not be installed properly and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to install new version of iTunes in your computer to fix this problem. To get latest version of iTunes, you have to go to the official site of iTunes.