Thread: Error Message in Entourage while trying to access e-mail from Hotmail

Error Message in Entourage while trying to access e-mail from Hotmail

Hi friends,
    I am having the Mac as my operating system. Recently I have installed the MS Office 2008 into it. From then I have started facing the problems while accessing an e-mails. I've been using Entourage to access my Hotmail account without any issues before. Today for some reason it wont allow me to send any messages. I can receive them from my Hotmail account, but I can't send any. Please tell me about an error message in Entourage while trying to access e-mail from Hotmail Hope that someone would help me soon.!!

Re: Error Message in Entourage while trying to access e-mail from Hotmail

When you try to retrieve your mail from your Hotmail account in Entourage 2008 for Mac, one of the following error messages appear :
    • HTTP Error. Access to resources is prohibited

• Entourage can not find server. Verify the server information is entered correctly in the account settings and your DNS settings in Network pane of System Preferences are correct

I would like to suggest you to reinstall the Office 2008. By doing this your problem may get resolved.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

To continue receiving email from your Hotmail account in Entourage, you must configure Hotmail as a POP account. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. In a Web browser, connect to your Windows Live Hotmail account. After you have connected successfully, you can disconnect.
    2. Start Entourage.
    3. In the Entourage menu, click Account Settings.
    4. Click on the arrow next to New. And then click Mail.

At this point, the dialog or the New Account dialog Account Setup Assistant appears. The dialog box that appears determines whether you can configure your Hotmail account automatically or manually. Follow the appropriate steps for automatic configure :
    1. If you see the dialog New Account click wizard.
    2. Follow the instructions in the dialog Account Setup Assistant.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

For manually configuring account, follow the steps :
    1. If you see the Account Setup Assistant, click Configure Account Manually.
    2. In the combo account type, click a POP number and then click OK.
    3. On the Account Settings tab, locate the account name box. In the account name, type the name you want to use to refer to this account in Entourage.
    4. Under Personal Information, type the name and the email address you want to use.
    5. In the account ID and password boxes under receiving mail, type your email address and your password.
    6. In the POP server, type pop3.live.com
    7. Click Click here for advanced receiving options.
    8. Under Send mail smtp.live.com type in the server area.
    9. Click on the Options tab.
    10. Click OK.
    Blessings to you

Entourage does not receive your application Windows Live Hotmail spam messages. It is recommended that you connect to your Windows Live Hotmail account in a Web browser regularly (at least once per month) to determine if the important messages were sent to the Junk folder. If you already set up an account in Entourage using the account type "Windows Live Hotmail, you may need to configure the account in Entourage as a POP account. In this case, if you set above all rules in Entourage to the old account, you must recreate these rules for the new POP account. If you have messages in the list of folders under the Windows Live Hotmail old, you can copy the messages by dragging them to a folder on hard drive.

Messages from your Inbox folder of Windows Live Hotmail in Entourage appears in the list of folders in hard drive. The messages in folders other than the Inbox folder will be available only on the Web site Windows Live Hotmail. To download and organize messages that are currently in folders other than your inbox, you must follow these steps :
    1. Deletes rules are defined on the Hotmail Web site move incoming messages to a separate folder.
    2. Create a temporary folder in Entourage to store all messages that are currently in the inbox.
    3. Move all emails from the inbox on your computer to the Temp folder.
    4. Create a temporary folder on the Hotmail Web site. Then move all emails from your Inbox to the temporary folder.
    5. Create a folder in Entourage for each folder is on the Hotmail server.