Thread: How to Troubleshoot Office for Mac Documents that opens slowly?

How to Troubleshoot Office for Mac Documents that opens slowly?

Hello everyone,
    I am having the Microsoft Office in my system whose operating system is Mac. Now whenever I am trying to open the documents in the MS Office, it takes very long time than expected. Initially I thought that the problem was of MS Office, so I reinstalled it. But reinstalling doesn't made any different and then I reinstalled my operating system. But again the same thing is happening. So thought to ask you guys.!! Please tell me how to Troubleshoot Office for Mac Documents that opens slowly? Any useful suggestions would be appreciated.!!
    Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.-- Max Frisch 1911 -1991

Re: How to Troubleshoot Office for Mac Documents that opens slowly?

Potential causes for Office for Mac documents open more slowly than expected are the following :
    • Startup Items in conflict
    • Delays in a network directory service Active Directory
    • Configuration protocol discovery service damaged
    • Permissions Problems
    • A firewall of Mac OS X that has been activated
    • Additions to the Office programs

I think that the main cause for slowing down the speed of an applications that opens in MS Office occurs because of the Startup Items in conflict. You can use Safe Mode to troubleshoot performance issues in Mac OS X 10.2 or later and to determine if there are startup items conflicts. This method requires that you move the / Library / StartupItems folder. This file exists only if the software was installed that requires the software to start when you start the computer. Antivirus software and Spyware are running applications that install items in this folder.
    Blessings to you

When you quit an Office for Mac, the program uses an Internet connection to validate the registration software program. If the firewall of Mac OS X is enabled, the default firewall that blocks outgoing transmission. Thus, the program stops responding for two minutes before going in and out. To determine if the firewall in Mac OS X is enabled, follow these steps :
    1. In the Apple menu, click Options on the system.
    2. Click on sharing.
    3. Click Stop.
    4. Close the Options window system.
    5. Start the Office for Mac program and then test to see if the document still open slowly.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

To remove the supplements which are also responsible for slowing down the documents, follow these steps :
    1. Quit all Office for Mac programs.
    2. Create a new folder on your desktop.
    3. Locate and open the folder Microsoft Office X or Microsoft Office 2004 on your computer. Typically, this folder is located in the following folder:
    4. Mac HD / Applications
    5. Open the Office folder, then open the Startup folder.
    6. In the View menu, click Column.
    7. Click the Excel file.
    8. Drag the items that are in that folder in the startup items that you created in step 2.
    9. Click the PowerPoint file.
    10. Drag the items that are in that folder in the folder of startup items.
    11. Click on the Word file.
    12. Drag the items that are in that folder in the folder of startup items.

You can use the permissions system disk to resolve permissions issues in Mac OS X 10.2 or later. If the permissions of your Microsoft software are incorrect, the Office for Mac programs can start slowly. Or, the Office for Mac programs can perform slow after start. To use the permissions system disk, follow these steps :
    1. In the Go menu, click Utilities.
    2. Start the Disk Utility.
    3. Click on the main hard drive for your computer.
    4. Click the First Aid tab.
    5. Click Permissions disk system.

he utility disk repair only software that is installed by Apple and is located in the Applications folder.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500