Thread: Unable to burn DVD-RW using CDBurnerXP

Unable to burn DVD-RW using CDBurnerXP

I have Windows XP on my computer, recently i was about to burn a DVD-RW which is a Re-writeable disc with the help of CDBurnerXP. I wanted to burn some of the software which were in my computer, i started the process and the burning process was completed. But later when I inserted the DVD disc in the dvd rom, it was showing that it does'nt have any file on the disc and cannot be erased with CDBurnerXP. I also get an error message stating that the disc is not Re-writeable. Please help me i wanted back all my saved data on the disc and also provide me some solution on the disc error.

Re: Unable to burn DVD-RW using CDBurnerXP

I think the problem is with your re-writable dvd which would have stopped working and the life of its have been got over. You may have writed your dvd for several times and it may have been corrupted the dvd. If the dvd is new and you are facing such kind of problem then you need to contact your store from where you have purchased it. So you can just check it out with the cd provider and also check some of the settings which you do while you write a cd or dvd.

I think you need to check out your dvd rom and driver, somehow it may have corrupted or there would be some settings in the writing software which you are using in your computer. And also if you can then just un-install and re-install the dvd writer's driver and check it out one more time by writing and erasing your dvd re-writable disc. I think the problem should be solved for your dvd.

scoaster2010 Guest

Thank God I found this post in here. it was really useful for me, in which I already applied the different suggestions to this problem and it really works really good.

thanks for this post!It solved all of my problem.

You can also use this software which can help you in several conditions if you face such kind of problems. The software is "AVS Disc Creator" which can used to burn dvd, burn audio, burn video, brun ISOSimple and intuitive interface, and also it has a variety of hot features and supported media types which helps you to make your own media centre. It is a most convenient software which helps you to make home video DVD copies, create DVD discs for home DVD and Blu-Ray players, and also it performs other burning tasks.

You can also use this software which can help you to erase and burn your dvd with simple functions, it is called "Cucusoft DVD Creator", it is easy to use and also powerful for experts. It enables you to convert and burn most of the video files directly to VCD, DVD, SVCD, MPEG1 and MPEG2 format. With this software you can convert and burn most of the video files, it has the fast video conversion speed than any other software. You can download its trial version and check it out.

The best and one of the most used software which is called "Nero" you can use this software which has over 20 applications in one solution which provides the complete for your digital media tasks on your PC. As it has an updated version which is easy to organize and manage all the multimedia files, as well as you can also create and edit new digital content. It is a very user friendly tool, it has great features for creating cd and dvd. It has an option by which you can save all your data which you have writed in a particular cd or dvd which can help you to recover all your data back.