Thread: How to troubleshoot Office printing problems in Mac OS X?

How to troubleshoot Office printing problems in Mac OS X?

Hello friends,
    I am facing problem while printing the documents in Microsoft Office. I am having Mac OS X. I have another system with the Windows XP installed and I am able to print properly in it. But since I am having Mac PRO, I want to use this OS in my office. I am experiencing the problem while printing my document from a Microsoft Office for Mac program. So please explain me how to troubleshoot Office printing problems in Mac OS X? Help me as soon as possible.!!
    |===================|
    |YAY if that made sense...|
    |===================|

Re: How to troubleshoot Office printing problems in Mac OS X?

First of all you will have to install all the updates to OS X. Many times updating the OS fix such issues. The installation of updates to Mac OS X 10.1.x can resolve or substantially mitigate many of the problems encountered when printing on OS X 10.1. Several of these versions have made incremental improvements to the printing architecture. If the printer name different from that shown on your physical printer, you may be using an incorrect version of the printer driver.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Printing a new document to verify if the problem relates to a specific document or documents. It also allows to test whether a character formatting or unusual items may be causing the printing problem. To test a new document, follow these steps :
    1. Start Word.
    2. In the File menu, click New Document.
    3. In the file, insert at least one line of text in any font installed in the Users / username / Library / Fonts.
    4. In the File menu, click Print.
    5. In the Print dialog box, verify that the correct printer is selected and the settings are appropriate for this printer. Then click Print.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

If the new document prints, you should check whether the original document is not damaged. If you can not print images from a document, make sure the option is selected drawings. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. In the Word menu, click Preferences.
    2. On the Print tab, select the check box designs.

To see if the font used by your original document is damaged or incompatible with the operating system or printer, try changing the font or fonts in the document. If this font change solves the problem, reinstall the Office or the printer to know the characteristics of particular printing to your printer.

Unlike Mac OS 9, where the print preview is usually handled by the program used to create your document in Print Preview in Mac OS X is generally supported by the Program Overview. The following steps can upload a document in the Preview program and convert it to PDF :
    1. In the Print dialog box, click Preview.
    2. When the document appears in the Preview program, click Print on the File menu.
    3. In the Print dialog box, verify that a printer is selected and the settings saved settings appropriate for that printer. Then click Print.

You should know that clicking on Preview, program starts. When the program starts, the document is converted to PDF.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

If the Preview program can not open your document, but it can print other documents without any problem, you can test your document by saving it in PDF format. Saving the PDF document to test the ability of the printer driver to output data to a file. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. Open the document causing the printing problem. In the File menu, click Print.
    2. On the Copies & Pages list, click Output Options.
    3. In the Output Options, select the check box Save as file. In the Format list, click PDF, then click Save.
    4. In the Save As dialog box, type a name, then select a location for the file. Click Save.
    5. Try to print the PDF file using the Preview program.