Thread: What is Databrid

What is Databrid

I want someone to help me with some information on what is Databrid. I am using Windows Vista operating system with 2 GB RAM and Dual Core processor. I came to know from the internet that is a software that can be used with Oracle and MySql databases. What are the additional features that it posses? Does it support all the available operating systems in the market? I am waiting for suitable responses.

Re: What is Databrid

Databrid has the following additional advantages, that is it can be used for the following purposes:
    1. SQL EDITOR
    2. DATABASE BROWSER
    3. FILE PROCESSING
    4. ACTIVE/INACTIVE JOBS

It is actually a freeware and has a file size of 5.52 MB only. It has a very flexible interface because of which all the users along with the beginners can use it with ease.

You need to have the following system requirements to use Databrid in your computer:
    Operating systems:
    • Linux
    • Macintosh
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 98
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista Ultimate x64
    • Linux GPL
    • Linux Gnome
    • Linux Open Source
    • Mac OS X
    • Mac Other
    • Java
    • Unix

Other requirements:
    • Java 1.4 or greater installed previously

Hello again, thank you for providing your replies so soon. I will be upgrading to Windows 7 operating system soon, so I want to know that will I be able to use Databrid in that operating system. The system requirements does not show that the Windows 7 operating system is supported or not. Thank you in advance for all the replies that will be given.

I will suggest you that the upgradation or installation to the Windows 7 operating system must be avoided because this operating system has many incompatibility issues with the applications and softwares that were running fine in the older versions of the Windows operating systems. This means that you will surely not able to use Databrid after you do an upgradation to Windows 7.

If you want to use Windows 7, then my suggestion to you is to install it as a dual boot, that is install it in a different drive in your computer. So, when you start the computer, you will get an option as to which operating system you want to load into. With this technique, you will be able to use Databrid in your as well as use all the other applications and programs that are incompatible with Windows 7.