Thread: How to use startup folders in Excel for Mac?

How to use startup folders in Excel for Mac?

Hi everyone,
    I am using the mac and have installed the MS Office. I have heard about the start-up folders that are used while starting the excel. But since I am not aware of such things, I thought that better to ask you guys about this. So please tell me how to use startup folders in Excel for Mac? Expecting some needful help as early as possible.!!

Re: How to use startup folders in Excel for Mac?

I am trying to explain you the basic concepts that an Excel uses the startup folders. Microsoft Excel for Mac uses startup folders in two ways :
    • To load Excel files at startup
    • A reference location for templates

The location of the startup folders can vary depending on which version of Excel you use.

If you install Excel in the default location, Excel opens files from the following paths. In these paths, hard disk is the name of your floppy disk drive.
    • Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac
      Hard Disk / Applications / Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Start/Excel
    • Microsoft Excel X for Mac
      Hard Disk / Applications / Microsoft Office X / Office / boot / Excel
    • Microsoft Excel 2001 for Mac
      Hard disk: Microsoft Office 2001/Office/Start/Excel
    • Microsoft Excel 98 Macintosh Edition
      Hard disk: Microsoft Office 98/Office/Start/Excel

The file is specified in the area other startup file. In Excel X for Mac and later versions, click Preferences on the Excel menu and then click the General tab in the Preferences dialog box to display the alternate startup folder. In Excel 98 for Mac and Excel 2001 for Mac, click Preferences on the Tools menu and then click the General tab in the Options dialog box to display the alternate startup folder.
    Blessings to you

Models can be used as startup folders to load Excel templates and add-ins. The models that you put in a startup folder are not loaded when you start Excel. However, in Excel 98 for Mac and Excel 2001 for Mac, you can use the templates by clicking New on the File menu. If you save a workbook named template and then insert into a startup folder, this folder becomes the default workbook when you start Excel and when you open new workbook. When you save a workbook named template to be placed in a folder location to start, remove the extension file name. Xlt. If you save a template called sheet and that you insert into a startup folder, this folder becomes the worksheet by default when you insert a new worksheet in a workbook by clicking the worksheet from the Insert menu. When you save a template called sheet to place in a location Startup folder, remove the extension file name. Xlt.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

When you use the alternate startup folder, it is important to specify a path to the file where there are recognizable file types. If Excel finds the types of files not recognizable in a startup file, you may receive an error message. Besides the alternate startup folder, the location parameter default file is also on the General tab in the Options dialog box in Excel 98 for Mac and Excel 2001 for Mac or on the General tab in the Preferences dialog box in later versions of Excel for Mac. This setting is different from a startup folder, it defines the location of the folder you want Excel to point to when you open or save a file using the File menu.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500