Thread: How to Remove Personal Summary Information from Word 2003?

How to Remove Personal Summary Information from Word 2003?

Hi friends,
    I am leaning about the metadata that is used in MS Word. In that I have been told about the personal summary information.!! But that explanation was not enough for understanding that topic. So I thought to ask you, since you guys explain in very simple language. I want to know about the removal of the personal information. Please tell me how to Remove Personal Summary Information from Word 2003? Expecting some needful help as soon as possible.!!

Re: How to Remove Personal Summary Information from Word 2003?

When you create or save a document in Word, the summary information can be stored in the document. Some metadata is easily accessible through the Word user interface. Other metadata is only accessible through extraordinary means. Here are some examples of metadata that can be stored in the documents :
    • Visible portions of embedded OLE objects
    • Document revisions
    • Versions of the document
    • Template Information
    • Hidden text
    • Comments

There are several methods you can use to access Personal Summary information, the following steps describes the same :
    1. Open the document. On the File menu, click Properties. The summary, statistics, and Custom content can contain several properties, such as your name, the name of the boss and your company name.
    2. In Windows Explorer, right-click or right-click the document and then click Properties. The tabs in the Properties dialog box may contain information.
    3. You can use a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro or other program code to read the properties shown in the Properties dialog box.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

To delete summary information from an existing document or template, follow these steps :
    1. Open the document or template.
    2. On the File menu, click Properties.
    3. On the Summary tab, click to clear the author, Manager, Company and the other edit boxes that do not want to distribute.
    4. On the Custom tab, delete any properties that contain information you do not want to distribute.
    5. Click OK.

On the File menu, click Save, and then click Close. After completing these steps, the document will not contain summary properties.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

If you are logged into a network, your network user name may appear in the author box on the Summary tab and in the field guarded by the Statistics tab when you save a document. This problem may occur even if you removed all other personal information from your computer. When you log into the network, do not open the file. If you do, your network user name can be written in the file. However, you can use Windows Explorer to copy the file to a network server or a floppy disk.

To remove summary information from a document when you are on a network, you can follow the steps that are mentioned below :
    1. If the document is stored on a network server, copy it to your local hard disk.
    2. Start the computer, but I do not log on the network. When you see the dialog box network logon, click Cancel or press ESC.

You can also follow the steps :
    1. Open the document.
    2. On the File menu, click Properties.
    3. On the Summary tab, click to clear the author, Manager, Company and the other edit boxes that contain information that does not want to distribute.
    4. On the Custom tab, delete any properties that contain information you do not want to distribute.
    5. Click OK.