Thread: How to Remove the Template Name and Routing Slip Information from MS Word?

How to Remove the Template Name and Routing Slip Information from MS Word?

Hello friends,
    I am new user for the Microsoft Office, so I don't know much about it. I know the basic things like to save the documents, print it, etc. But when something comes about an advanced part, I am rookie at that time. Since I have started learning about the templates in Word 2003, I want to know more about it. So please tell me how to Remove the Template Name and Routing Slip Information from MS Word.?? Since I am new to this topic, please provide information in details.

Re: How to Remove the Template Name and Routing Slip Information from MS Word?

Since you are new to this topic, I would like to explain you some basic things that are needed for understanding the concepts. All documents created in Word are based on a template. By default, this is the Normal.dot template file, located in the Templates folder. However, you can create a document that is based on a different template in another location. The path and name of this template is stored in the document properties. To view the template name and location, click Properties on the File menu and then click the Summary tab. Hope that now you can view the template name and the location of that template.

If you send a document via email using a distribution list, routing information can be connected to the document. To remove this information from the document, you must save the document in a format that does not retain information from the distribution list. Also talking about the template, even if you are not sending the template with the document, the document retains the name and location of the template.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

To change the template name and location not identify values, follow the steps that are mentioned below :
    1. On the Tools menu, click Templates and Add-ins.
    2. Click on attach.
    3. Select a template that has a name and location that are not sensitive or unique.
    4. Click Open and then click OK.

In this you are told to select the template that has a name and location which is not sensitive or unique because each computer that has Microsoft Word includes normal.dot, you may want to select Normal.dot.
    Blessings to you

In Word, save the document in HTML or Rich Text Format (RTF). Close the document and then reopen the new file. The routing information for reference is no longer present, you can now save your document in Word format. You should also keep in mind that the template may contain macros, AutoText entries, custom styles and custom toolbars. Changing the templates, you can have some of this information is not available to the document.

Re: How to Remove information from the Routing Slip from MS Word?

Removing information from the Routing Slip, you can follow the steps :
    1. Turn off Allow fast saves using the instructions earlier in this article.
    2. On the File menu, choose Send To, and then click Other Routing Recipient.
    3. Click Clear to remove the distribution list and then click OK.
    4. On the File menu, click Save.

Now the document is stored without any information on the distribution list.