Thread: Unable to open a Sample Excel file using Office 2010

Unable to open a Sample Excel file using Office 2010

I have installed the Office 2010 beta version on my system. Whenever i try to open a sample excel file which i have downloaded from a sharepoint website. whenever i open this file by double clicking the file icon it gives an error message that sample excel cannot be opened. please help me to solve this error as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to open a Sample Excel file using Office 2010

In order to get rid of this error try to download the sample file from a different location. You have not specified whether you have checked to download different file and have you tried use that sample file to open using the excel 2010. Some times a corrupted file could cause such type of errors.

I would recommend you to download another sample file from the same location and then try to open the file with the help of the excel 2010. This should definitely help you to solve this problem. I would also recommend you to open this file in the safe mode of excel 2010. It might solve your problem.

Thanks for replying to this thread . I tried to open this file in the safe mode using the excel 2010 but this idea failed to open the file then i downloaded a different file from the source and tried to open this newly downloaded file with the help of the Excel 2010 but this too could not help me. please suggest a different idea.

Re: disable Office Document Cache Handler add-on from IE

I had faced similar problem with my excel too and i finally fixed this issue by disabling an add-on for 'Office Document Cache Handler' from the internet Explorer . To disable this add-on go to Tools -> Internet Options and then the program tab and now click the manage add-ons. select the Office Document Cache Handler and disable it. save the settings and restart the browser.

Try to follow the steps which i have mentioned below in order to get rid of this problem.

* Open the IE browser and select tools.
    * Select the Internet Options and then click the Program Tab.
    * Now select manage add-ons and fine the "Office Document Cache Handler".
    * Disable the add-on select apply and click OK. and restart your browser.