Thread: How to change the Font Tab, Border Tab in the dialog box Format Cells?

How to change the Font Tab, Border Tab in the dialog box Format Cells?

Hi friends,
    I am very new to the Microsoft Office. But still I know about the Word but an Excel seems to be tough for me. I don't know much about it and neither I have done any course of it. Since my brother is using it I am getting very eager to know about it. So I thought to ask you people. Please tell me how to change the Font Tab, Border Tab in the dialog box Format Cells? Reply me soon.!!

Re: How to change the Font Tab, Border Tab in the dialog box Format Cells?

To move to a new line while option Wrap is automatically selected, press ALT + ENTER while typing your text in the formula bar. The selection of the Fit can reduce the font size of text in the cell until the cell can be displayed. This function is very useful when you do not want to have to change the column width for a column completely. The font size applied remains unchanged. The Merge Cells option combines two or more selected cells into a single cell. A "merged cell" is a single cell created by combining two or more cells. The reference cell associated with a merged cell is as shown in the upper left of the selected range of cells at the origin.

The Guidance section allows you to indicate the amount of rotation of the text contained in a selected cell. Use a number of positions in the Degree box to rotate the selected text from the lower left to upper right corner of the cell. Use negative degrees to rotate the text from upper left to lower right of the selected cell. To display text vertically from top to bottom, click the Text box under Orientation vertical. The text, numbers and formulas of the cell then appear as a stack.

I would like to discuss about Font Tab. The term font refers to a font (eg Comic Sans MS) and its attributes (point size, font style, underline, color and effects). Use the Font tab of the Format dialog box cell to control these parameters. The Overview section of the dialog box shows the result of your settings. You can use the same Font tab to format individual characters. To do this, select the character in question in the formula bar, then click the Cells command on the Format menu.

The Font option on the Font tab allows the selection of a font. To select the desired font for the selected cell, click a name in the Font list or type a name in the Font box. After selecting a font in the Font list, the list shows you the size of point sizes available. Note that each point is 1 / 72 inch. If you type a number in the Size box that is not listed in the Size list, the following appears at the bottom of the Font tab. The choices available in the Font Style list varies depending on the selected font in the Font list. Most policies include the following styles.
    • Normal
    • Italic
    • Gras
    • Bold Italic

Select a color to associate with the font by clicking a color from the Color list. You can point your mouse over a color and see a tooltip appear with the name of the color. The Automatic color is always black unless you change the font color of window on the Appearance tab of the dialog Display Properties. Select the font check box to set the normal font, font size and effects associated with the Normal style. It is essentially a reboot of the formatting of the cell to default values. Select the Strikethrough check box to draw a line through text or numbers selected. Select the Superscript check box to format text or numbers selected as exhibitors (above). Select the checkbox index to format text or numbers selected as indices (below). Generally in a cell, they are special characters that you want to superscript or subscript. To do this, select the character in question in the formula bar, then click the Cells command on the Format menu.

In Excel, you can surround a single cell or a range of cells with a border. You can also draw a line from the top left corner of the cell to reach the bottom right or bottom left corner of the cell to its upper right corner. You can customize these cell borders from their default values by changing the style, thickness and line color. The Protection tab offers two options for protecting data and formulas in your worksheet.
    • Masked

However, neither of these functions does not take effect until you have not protected your worksheet. To protect a worksheet in the Tools menu, point to Protection, click Protect Sheet, then select the Contents check box.