Thread: How to access Internet TV content in Windows Media Center?

How to access Internet TV content in Windows Media Center?

Hi friends,
    I am new user for the Windows Media Center. I never used this before, so I am not having much idea about it. So thought to ask you about it. I want to access an Internet TV by using the windows media center. Since, I don't know anything about it, I am expecting some help from you in details. So please tell me how to access Internet TV content in Windows Media Center? Reply me as soon as possible.!!

Re: How to access Internet TV content in Windows Media Center?

You can use Media Center without having internet connection but many features will not work as well, and some do not even work at all. Here are some actions which you can use the Internet connection of your computer in Media Center :
    1. To automatically download Guide listings. If you use Media Center to watch or record TV Live, Media Center automatically keep your lists updated Guide.
    2. To download album art and other multimedia information. When you read or copy a CD, Media Center will search for multimedia information (such as album art and song titles) for your CD.
    3. To watch TV on the Internet. Internet TV gives you access to a large number of television and film.

If your computer has the necessary equipment, you can use Windows Media Center for watching, pause and rewind of live TV and stored on your PC. To watch live TV in Media Center, you need two elements :
    1. A TV tuner (a device that can be connected to your computer via an expansion slot internal or external expansion port, such as a USB port)
    2. A TV signal source (eg after a TV antenna or making cable TV).

Two main methods used to control Media Center: with a mouse and keyboard or a remote control with Media Center. Most procedures in this section refer to the method using the mouse and keyboard, but using the remote control is often more appreciated. There are many types of Media Center remotes available and you must ensure that the remote you choose is compatible with your computer. If you do not have a TV tuner or do not want to buy, you can use Media Center to watch Internet TV (television streaming over the Internet rather than broadcast over the airwaves or through cable or satellite system).

To watch live TV, follow the steps that are mentioned below :
    1. Click the Start button, Click All Programs, then Windows Media Center.
    2. To begin watching live TV, use the following methods :
      • On the start screen of Windows Media Center, go to TV, then click on live TV.
      • On the start screen of Windows Media Center, go to TV, click Guide, find the TV you want to watch, then click on a program being broadcast.
    3. To control the playback of live TV, move the mouse so that the playback controls appear, and then do one of the following :
      • Click the Pause button to temporarily suspend the program. You can pause a program for about 30 minutes. When you're ready to resume the program where you left off, click the Play button.
      • Position the cursor that appears above the playback controls on one other point to start playback of the television.
    4. When you finish watching live TV, move the mouse, then click the Stop button.

You should keep in mind that some playback controls may not be available depending on the size of your Media Center window. To view all the playback controls, maximize the window or switch to full screen by clicking the maximize button in the upper right corner. To watch TV on the Internet :
    1. Click the Start button, Click All Programs, then Windows Media Center.
    2. On the start screen of Windows Media Center, go to Bonus, click Internet TV, and then navigate to the content available.

TV tuner analog or digital is necessary for reading and recording of live TV in Windows Media Center. If your computer comes without a TV tuner, you may be able to add one.