Thread: How to Backup Outlook 2010 beta

How to Backup Outlook 2010 beta

I am using the outlook 2010 beta on my windows 7 operating system. Since some of my system files seems to have got corrupted i ma planning to go for a reinstallation of my operating system. So i need to back up all my emails present in my outlook 2010. can any one tell me how to go about it.

Re: How to Backup Outlook 2010 beta

As far as i know you can try to backup the outlook express file by simpy searching the PST file and then copying it to the location which you prefer for backing up. You will find it in the My Documents folder. You will find Outlook Files in this My Documents folder make the backup of this file.

Follow the steps which i have mentioned below in order to backup all your outlook files.

1. Open outlook Express and the click tools and select options
    2. Now on the Maintenance tab, click Store Folder.
    3. In the Store Location dialog box, copy the store location. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. Put the mouse pointer at one end of the box under the Your personal message store is located in the following folder box.
    b. Press and hold the left mouse button, and then drag the mouse pointer across the Your personal message store is located in the following folder box.
    c. Press CTRL+C to copy the location.
    4. Click Cancel, and then click Cancel again to close the dialog box.

The outlook files are basically stored on the system with PST extensions. You can find this file in the my documents folder inside the my documents folder you will find another folder named as outlook files and you can take a backup of that file. I hope that this will definitely solve your problem.

Try to use the hotmail for this you simply need to leave a copy of message on the server right after the flag. And after this has been done you are free to view these mails from any part of the world and also you will not loose even a single email. These mails are also very much secure. Hope this fixed your issue.

The simplest way to create a back up file for this is to copy the backup file which is located on your system and the restore these backup file to outlook 2010 again. Check in the location C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\ and try to find the file with .pst extension. and copy it to the secure location.

It is so easy! Use Lookeen Backup Manager and you have no problems with your Outlook backup!
    Last edited by Harson.P; 29-07-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: External link deleted