Thread: Add Files to Library not working in iTunes

Add Files to Library not working in iTunes

I am using a system running with windows 7. I have also installed the iTunes application for listening music on my system. I am not able to import iTunes files after backing up using the Norton 360, When i tried reloading iTunes and restoring my data. I am able to see the song in the iTunes Library. But Nothing happens when i try to use Add File To Library in iTunes .

re: Add Files to Library not working in iTunes

Some times the itunes application stops responding due to the antivirus program running in the background. So i would advise you to stop all the processes running in the background associated with the Norton security and then try to import all the music files the files will be imported. This will resolve your issue definitely.

I am facing the same problem with my iTunes too. whenver i try to add music files to the iTunes library using the add to library nothing happens. So i want a different solution in order to get this working because i am not having Norton security 360 antivirus installed on my system. Thanks in advance.

Will you please mention the version of the iTunes which you have installed on your system so that i can try to give you a better solution. It appears as you are using a very older version of the iTunes application. Hence it would be beneficial to install the latest version of the iTunes application or upgrade the existing one.

To solve this problem you need to delete the ID3v2 tag and then rebuild it. After this has been done try to disable the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" with in the advanced properties of my sound card. If all these does not work then i will suggest you to re install the DirectX.

Re: Add Files to Libary not working in iTunes-SOLVED

I faced the similar problem with y iTunes before the i searched and got a number of solutions and tried them all. I removed the songs from my library and then re-added it. After this tried the reinstallation too. The finally i found that some of the MP3 that would not play the Mpeg headers. I solved this using the MP3 Validator which is freely available.