Thread: Unable to open mailed word documents using word 2010

Unable to open mailed word documents using word 2010

Installed the office 2010 application on my windows 7 system last month. It ran without any sort of problem till yesterday when i was trying to open a word file which was mailed through the internet via one of my friend. Whenever i click on the word document i get message "Some files contain viruses that can be harmful to your computer. It is important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source." can any one tell me how to go about this problem.

Re: Unable to open mailed word documents using word 2010

I would like to know what antivirus program are you using because some times some antiviruses does not even allow to view a document that may be infected so if possible i would advise you to ask the sender to send the document once again after scanning it on his machine. This should solve your problem.

In such situation if you are not able to open the file can you save it directly on your system. I think that saving this file directly on your system would definitely solve the issue. Because if you save the file directly on your system then after saving you can use open it with the ms word 2010 application.

I think that you have installed AVG on your machine and it appears as it is configured such that it scans your email attachments too. If it is so then i would request you to install disable this feature of AVG on your system and then try to save the file again on your system this will resolve the problem.

Sounds like you are facing this problem because of the browser. try to use a different browser to get this file saved on your hard drive first and then open it in the word application. Remember to check the version of the word document in which the file is sent by the sender ask him to send it in the same version as you are having on your system.

This is a very different kind of a problem you are facing and hence i would like to know some basic things like which browser are you using and what happens when you choose to save as the target. can you save the file to your hard disk. Also the file which you are talking about is with which version of word.