Thread: Real player plays sound only

Real player plays sound only

Recently i upgraded my system to windows 7 from windows XP. I am using an LG Desktop from last one year. I had installed the Real player on my windows 7 system. But the problem is that Real player can play sound only i cn not view videos using the Real player so please help to to solve this problem. Thanks in Advance!!!

Re: Real player plays sound only

It appears as you are trying to play a file which is not supported by the real player Try to mention the the format (or extension) of the file which you want to play using the real player.I think that the real player can play only the mp3 or mp4 file format so if you want to play these files you will need to convert these files.
    Last edited by Eric B; 05-03-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks for replying me friend i forgot to mention the file format which i am trying to play with the Real player is .3GP also after this i tried to play the file with .avi but the real player was not able to play this file too. So please give me a suitable suggestion which will help me to play all my files using the real player.

As far as i know i think that you have not installed the codecs for playing the formats of files which you want and because of this you are not able to view the files using the real player i would advise you to install the k lite codec on your system use the following link to download it K-Lite Mega Codec Pack

Sounds as you have not installed the real player correctly. So you should try to uninstall the existing real player application from your system and the download a fresh copy of the real player on your system. Install the real player using the freshly downloaded copy of the setup file hopefully this will do the trick.

what message did you get when you try to play the file or you do not get any message because when the real player is not able to get a message then it asks for downloading some codecs in order to play the files. if it is not asking then try to download the k lite codec and install it this will fix your problem.