Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to play video on Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0

Windows Software

Old 05-03-2010

Unable to play video on Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0

I have a computer with operating system Windows Xp and also i have "Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0" by which i play videos on my computer. This software is developed by Sony and it a great software by which i can play my sony handycam's video on my computer. But recently when i was trying to play AVI file, what i found that it was unable to open with this software. The software just show that no video and audio files. I don't understand whats going on, please help me for my problem.

Old 05-03-2010

Re: Unable to play video on Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0

I think it may be the problem with the video format, there are some avi videos that doesn't play on vegas. According to the Sony Vegas which supports mp4 video files with avc video codec and aac audio codec. To play this video you need a right avi video converter which can convert your video to mp4 video format. There are number fof converter which are available for free on the internet by which you can convert your file to the appropriate format file.
Old 05-03-2010

As thomas suggested that you need a converter by which you can convert your avi file to the mp4 file to play it on your Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9. I can provide you the solution for you, you need a converter which is named as "RZ Video Converter" which will help you to convert your video file to the needful output. You can have a try of this tool by which you can play your video files which you software requires. You need to do a google search and download it for free from the internet, hope it can help you out.
Old 05-03-2010

You can also check it out with the available updates for your software which can fix your problem. You can visit the official site of Sony, there you need to check out for the latest updates. Updatng a software is very essential,by which if we suffer with problem in the current version then it can be cleared by the updation of that particular software. Software updation provides better quality and more features according to the previous version.
Old 05-03-2010

I don't know why you are facing this problem as in the latest version of this software what i ahve noticed that it has improved HDV/AVCHD reading which supports MPJEG-encoded AVI files. It has also improved in fixing bugs that prevented the Vegas Movie Studio from opening the audio streams files of MPEG-2 which uses the stereo AC-3 encoding, which is a problem by which it prevent the application from opening, and also problem with the M2TS files which could cause a crash after playback.
Old 05-05-2010
manthanmullick

Like I said in another thread, try the Sony India facebook fanpage where you get answers to most your questions within the day... Plus some pretty cool updates.

Cheers!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,