Thread: How to use TrueCrypt software

How to use TrueCrypt software

I have a computer which runs on Windows XP and i recently got some information about a encryption software. I wanted to use this software but before installing it on my computer i need some information and reviews on this software and also if anybody knows any kind of software which is superior from the software then it would be appreciated. I need to know how it works and how can i encrypt my data using this software. Thanks

Re: How to use TrueCrypt software

It is a software which is used to encrypt data form the other users on the same computer, it also helps us to hide our data by encrypting them. It is also used to encrypt the contents of the hard disk and everything. To do this you need to provide a password or a key to access the particular drive which you have encrypted by this application after starting your system. If you want to access the encrypted data then you need to provide the password.

Just check it out the features of this encryption software:
    1. It creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount it as a real disk.
    2. It can also encrypts an entire storage device like USB flash drive or hard drive.
    3. It can also encrypt a partition or a drive where the Windows is installed.
    4. The encryption is automatic, real-time and transparent.
    5. The feature pipelining allows data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.

If you want the whole information about this application then you can just go to the official site and there you can get it.

I am using this application and what i have experianced that it has the fast download and install process and it takes less amount of storage space on the system. I have tried it on a 16gb usb drive and also i made a 2 gb of folder on my c:drive and it worked, i don't even faced any kind of problem in using this software. There is a important thing which you need to follow is that you need to read the "Beginner's Tutorial" and please follow all the instructions first before performing any large drive encryption.

Rather than the software which you have specified you can use "CompuSec" encryption software. This encryption software is able to encrypt your entire hard disk and other storage drives using a "fast AES algorithm". It can also support the encryption of all the floppy disks, memory sticks and most of the other removable devices. Even it can encrypt your Windows hibernation file which is stored encrypted on the disk.

You can have eScramdisk Encryption software which will help you to create an encrypted virtual drive on your windows systems, in this virtual you can store files and important data which you would not allowother users to see, it will be automatically encrypt all the data containing. It acts like a normal drive on the computer which you can access just like any other disk drive. It supports the encryption algorithms like Triple DES (EDE), Blowfish, DES, IDEA, MISTY1, Square, and TEA.