Thread: Office 2010 Activation Failed in windows 7

Office 2010 Activation Failed in windows 7

I am having a compaq presario laptop installed with the windows 7 operating system. I have installed the office 2010 Beta, The activation wizard get launched every time whenever i try to start any office program. Also it result in an error message "An unspecified error has occured. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later. (0x8007000D)." Please help me so that i can get this office 2010 activation problem solved.

Re: Office 2010 Activation Failed in windows 7

I am having the same problem with my system too I also tried to reinstall it on my system a number of times but it did not help me at all. After using the office 2010 for around two months. It gives me an error message that my activation is not valid please help me to get rid of this error. Thanks in Advance

You can try to change the product key from the notification Dialog by using the steps which are mentioned below so simply follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Select the Change Product Key option.
    2. This will open a new window here you will have to enter the product key that matches the product you are activating and click “Continue.” On the next dialog.
    3. On the Next dialog select click “Install Now” to install your key. You will see a progress bar page and then a dialog box saying configuration has been successful. Click “Close.”
    4. After this has been done restart the application and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation now you can check your activation status from from File Tab -> Help

Have you tried activating it from the Backstage view so you simply have to follow the steps mentioned below:

* Open an Office 2010 Beta application (e.g. Word 2010 Beta) and click the File tab.
    * Click the Help tab and then click on Change Product Key.
    * Enter the product key from the top of this page that matches the product you are activating and click “Continue.” On the next dialog, click “Install Now” to install your key. You will see a progress bar page and then a dialog box saying configuration has been successful. Click “Close.”
    * Close and restart the application and follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation (an internet connection is required). After restarting your Office application once more, click File tab | Help to see your activated status.

As far as i know you should try to check it with the Microsoft if you are not able to activate your program offline then i think you must try to activate it offline. But before that it would be better if you try to reinstall the Office 2007 program once again. I think this should definitely solve your problem.

I would recommend you to go through the following steps mentioned below and follow them to get your windows activated.

1. Open start Menu and go to the Add/Remove Programs within the control panel and click on Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 and select change
    2. Select 'Enter a Product Key' and enter the key properly and then click continue. On the next window Select “Install Now” you will get a successful message and then close it.
    3. Close and restart the application and follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation. After restarting your Office application once more, And then click File Tab > help to see your activated status.