Thread: Unable to close calendar appointments randomly in Outlook 2010

Unable to close calendar appointments randomly in Outlook 2010

I have installed the Outlook 2010 on my system recently which is running with windows 7 operating system. I am facing a problem which is quiet weird one whenever i open a new appointment recieved through email or a a meeting in my calendar i am Unable to close the appointments randomly in 2010 please help me regarding this matter soon.

Re: Unable to close calendar appointments randomly in Outlook 2010

Have you tried it to close by simply pressing (X) button on the top right corner of the windows. Then try to close it using the ALT + F4 key combination i think that this should close it. If it does not then try to close it by using the Task Manager if all these does not work then also try to close it using the Save & Close option present in the top left of the Appointment tab.

First of all i would like to thanks you for replying me so quickly. I tried all the steps that you mentioned to close the outlook 2010 and hence i would request you to suggest me another method for achieving this also i would like to ask you that are all microsoft product comes with such bugs.

As far as i know this is not a bug you may be facing this error because your profile might have been corrupted so i would suggest you delete the existing profile and then try to create a new profile in outlook 2010. i think that this newly created profile will definitely help you to solve this problem.

This appears to me as your outlook 2010 file is corrupted and hence you are facing these kind of error so it would be better if you try to uninstall all the traces of the outlook 2010 on your system and then re-install a fresh copy of the office 2010 on your system this will definitely do the tick in your case.

This may be due to a virus because sometimes the viruses present on a system can definitely cause these kind of error on a system so i think you can get rid of this error. So if you have an antivirus program then you can install it or else i would suggest you to use the Avg Antivirus professional build at least try it once.

I also have this issue I have tried all above steps and continue to experience the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TalbotFluke View Post
    I also have this issue I have tried all above steps and continue to experience the issue.
    First of all can you please tell us which Operating System you are using? Is this an Exchange mailbox or a PST file? Is it always on appointment items that involve other people? i.e. does it ever happen just on an appointment item you created yourself and doesn't have any other attendees? Exchange mailbox that can be accessed via a browser if necessary, synchronised with a local PST as well for offline work while travelling

ohmy Re: Unable to close calendar appointments randomly in Outlook 2010

I too have this same issue. Here are the details.

Windows 7
    Outlook 2010
    (Upgrade from Outlook 2007)
    Create appts. - OK
    Open individual appt. - OK
    "Open this occurrence" of a repeating appointment - OK
    Try to close the appointment - it will not close using any method.
    Close Outlook - one of two different scenarios ensue
    1 - Outlook begins to close - become unresponsive because the appointment window won't close. Win 7 forces it closed, restarts Outlook and reopens all windows including recurring appointment. It can now be closed. But don't open another or the same will occur.
    2 - Outlook begins to close but remains in memory because the recurring appointment won't close. Using task manager to force the window to close shuts down Outlook. Outlook can now be restarted but "open this occurrence" will cause the repeat of the problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    JimmyJoeS

Microsoft Outlook uses Personal Storage PST files or folders to store all its data, including mail folders, contacts, calendar entries and other personal data. The issue can be due to corrupt calender entries. When a PST file is corrupted then Outlook tries to repair it and that makes your system slow. To repair Outlook Inbox and rest of the files, you need to access an executable file called Scanpst.exe with its default location.

sad Re: Unable to close calendar appointments randomly in Outlook 2010

Thank you Sam.D

This is an Exchange environment (PST not used) and is reproducible on multiple computers. It does not occur when accessing the same account via 2007, or iOS for that matter. It is Outlook 2010 specific and is quite repeatable.

Again, thanks to all for thoughts or advice.

JJS

I had this issue as well and resolved by disabling the Webex Add-In I had in Outlook 2010. As soon as I disabled, I was able to close out all the calendar appointments that wouldn't close before disabling.

This is also sometime a common issue due to the corruption of pst files in outlook express. If you had added any plugin then that also might cause the issue. Microsoft Provide a fix for the same. For this you will need to login on the Microsoft site and search for the hotfix for fixing the common issues of Outlook. Running a Windows Update is sometime also much easier to fix the same. This works most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deed View Post
    I had this issue as well and resolved by disabling the Webex Add-In I had in Outlook 2010. As soon as I disabled, I was able to close out all the calendar appointments that wouldn't close before disabling.
    Thank you Deed. This is quite likely the issue. I will investigate and respond to this group with the results.

Yup! disabling Webex Addin works!