Thread: What is AVCHD video format

What is AVCHD video format

I have most of the videos in AVCHD format in my computer and i am not able to see those video formats. I use windows media player to view videos, whenever i try to play this file an error message says that "this video format is not supported". I don't know what to do, if anybody can help me to understant it and how can i play this video files with the help of a media player which can support this video format. If there is any codecs for windows xp then please refer me.

Re: What is AVCHD video format

The AVCHD video format which is known as Advanced Video Coding High Definition, it is a format which is used for recording and playback of high definition video. It is been developed by the Sony and Panasonic. This format allows us to record high definition video format onto 8cm DVD discs, SD/SDHC memory cards and hard disk drives. It is designed to be compatible with Blu-ray Disc format and can be used for providing high definition video. By this format you can see the high definition on your computer or on your camcoder.

If you want to play this video format on your computer then you need a softeware which can encode and decode the codec of our media players when we try to play them. An application named "FFDshow" is a free and open source collection of codecs which also includes AVCHD video format. It is a media decoder and encoder which is mainly used for the fast and high-quality video decoding in the MPEG-4 ASP and AVC formats, it also supports numerous other video and audio formats. It is free software which is easily available on the internet which is released under the GPL license, it runs on Windows and implemented as a DirectShow and VFW decoding filter.

You can see that there are most of the players and converters available on the web by which you can be able to run this video format and also you can convert this video files to play with the suitable video format. One of them is "AVS Video Converter" which is a shareware software which is used for the video-editing purpose. It is designed for accomplishing various tasks which is involved in home video production. They also provide a player which can play most of the video files which is not palyed by the common media player.

You can also have "Total Video Converter" which is a shareware application video and audio converter utility build by the EffectMatrix. It is most of the time used to convert most of the new and old video formats for various video players as well as show photos slide and with this tool you can burn the converted video to DVD/SVCD/VCD. It supports for converting almost all the video formats except SWF format. The current version of this application can convert and burn video to AVCHD which can work on PS3 and Blu-ray player.