Thread: Itunes Installation Error 2203

Itunes Installation Error 2203

Hi,

When I am trying to install install itunes on my windows 7 64-bit system , and I get an installation error 2203. I am the administrator on my pc. I have installed many programs, without any problems, but getting error 2303 while installing itunes. I've seen this before and I'm guessing it has something to do with windows 7 security crazy permits?

Re: Itunes Installation Error 2203

If the setup of iTunes (iTunesSetup) does not appears frozen after its launch, it is possible that the folder containing the program contains unusual characters. If you notice that the iTunes installer is placed in a folder that has this problem, rename the folder or drag the installer to another location (eg office) before the launch.

Under Windows, some process of background can cause problems with other programs and processes. These conflicts can prevent applications such as iTunes and QuickTime Player from installing. It is also impossible to disable some security software to third parties using the Selective Startup Utility (MSConfig). It may therefore be necessary to manually disable the software temporarily, during the conflict resolution setup. For information about configuring or disabling your security software, contact the supplier.

To install iTunes or QuickTime, you must be logged on the computer as an administrator. If you are not certain to have administrator access, contact the owner of the computer or your system administrator. The first thing you need to do before installing Windows is to check that you have installed the latest updates to Windows. To do this, visit Microsoft Windows Update site.

If you are getting error 2203, first make sure you've downloaded the 64-bit executable file from Apple (not the 32-bit installer). Then click the file. Exe and select "Run as administrator". You may receive error message 2203, but if you ignore it iTunes should continue with the installation, and finally was installed correctly.

Itunes installation error 2203 is due to Windows installation files are corrupt on your computer. I think you should check check if the Windows Installer comes on and it is running. Go to Start menu and type services.msc in the list of services search for Windows Installer and double click it and check if the service set to manual and started. I would also suggest to uninstall all iTunes-related products by using ccleaner and reinstall iTunes later and Microsoft Office application and see if that works.