Thread: Deleting password protected word and excel files

Deleting password protected word and excel files

Hello friends, i am here to get the answer of the problem which i am having in my mind because i have never tried it and wanted to ask first before trying it. I want to know that can we delete the password protected MS Word and Excel files which are password protected. Because if we want to access them then first we have to enter the password of the file. Is the same case when we want to delete it. I hope that you will reply back soon to my query which is, Deleting password protected word and excel files.

Re: Deleting password protected word and excel files

You are having doubt in your mind and that is can you delete the password protected file directly. This is because you are thinking that when you want to open the password protected MS word or the Excel file then first you have to provide the password. So you want to know that is the same case when you want to delete that file. Well , as like you i have also not tried it this thing in my life. So first i will try it and revert back to you.

If you want to know that you can delete the password protected word or the excel files directly from your computer system or not without asked for entering the password by that file. Try it by yourself. Make a new word and the excel file and make it password protected and see that it can be deleted directly from the system or not. After that your doubt will be resolved.

If you are having the password protected MS word or the excel file then you are asked for providing the password if you want to access them however if you want to delete that password protected word or the excel file then you are not asked for providing the password. The file will be deleted as the normal word or the excel files are deleted from the computer system.

tommark Guest

A) Open document > Select edit menu > choose select all > then choose copy from edit menu.
    Open new document > edit menu> paste.
    Select tools menu> choose options> window opens with options. Select form different tabs the edit tab> make sure that al desired boxes are selected.
    Select save tab>choose and mark box>ask about properties
    accept or Apply options and close.
    Save new document different name. When saving it should ask if you want to save properties> choose not save. Maybe it asks if you want to modify properties> choose yes> select box archive amongst read only, hidden or archive.
    If this does not work.

B)There are many 3rd party utilities which claim to reset forgotten word password:
    The program that I recommend is the Excel Password Recovery 5.0 It recovers/removes the "Password to Open" and "Password to Edit" for you to view and edit the document freely.

doctormrli Guest

Office Password Recovery 5.0 is an all-in-one password recovery solution for recovering all types of lost or forgotten passwords for Microsoft Word documents, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Access databases. It is easy to use while with powerful attack functions. It provides three types of password attack, brute-force attack, brute-force attack with mask, and dictionary attack. You can use either of the attack for your situation to effectively crack the password in a time as short as possible.