Thread: portable virtualbox

portable virtualbox

Hello sir,

Would you tell me something which I have in my mind from last week,I am running with windows and need to install another operating system within windows.The size of my disk is so less configured,It is divided in two parts C and D drive.Both contains a lot of stuff and very useful files for.I got an idea to install another operating system through the USB.So how can I do it.

Thanks .

portable virtualbox

Yeah ! why not,

If you don't have much space to run another operating system on your system then you can do it with the help of portable virtual box software .

Commonly the virtual box software is very famous to make enable to run more than one operating system system as virtually on the system and when ever we need to uninstall it can do it as an application software.But the portable virtual box provides you the facility to execute another operating system from third party device like USB and all.

portable virtualbox

portable virtualbox

Portable VirtualBox is a popular software which is as a Wrapper for VirtualBox and was developed by Micha (michaelm_007). The VirtualBox, a expressive product from Sun Microsystems,which is a virtual machine that becomes very useful in case to run different Operating Systems on a single computer system.

and can be achieved through Disk Images, ISO's and CD/DVD's and treated as a guest OS and can be controlled by another environment as well as Host Operating system.

The same thing would be happen but the loation of the driver would be chnaged from disk to USB device.

Using a Portable VirtualBox to run Linux from USB

Using a Portable VirtualBox

The portable virtual box can be installed and containing different oprating system,It can run easily within other devices.

1- Just Download the Portable VirtualBox creation script from the internet.
    2- Execute the zipped file and extract the contents within the USB device.
    3- Expand the Portable-VirtualBox directory on the USB device and click on the executable file of Portable-VirtualBox,Portable VirtualBox.exe.
    4- A wizard would be appear and you need to choose the Options you want to implement and then click on the "Download Installation File of VirtualBox".
    5- Now Click OK button to unzip the compressed files from the download which takes some time to complete.
    6- After completion,Execute the Portable-VirtualBox.exe file on your USB device to use the portable version of VirtualBox.

portable virtualbox

You can install the guest operating system but you need to have another image or boot able disk of the operating system which you want to install as a guest operating system.

Before installation,make an image file of the boo table disk and write it on the disk and Now plug a USB in the computer system,download the portable virtual box software from the internet.

install the software on USB and locate it as a USB for installation file and insert the image disk into the disk drive.move to the USB and follow the instructions to install the portable VB software and access the image disk to install from disk drive.