Thread: Video conversion with DownloadHelper

Video conversion with DownloadHelper

Hello,

I'm new in mac, so forgive my ignorance in the field ...I browse with Firefox and I installed DownloadHelper to nab the video on youtube . The default download format is flv, I want it to avi or mp4 ... DownloadHelper is supposed to know the make, the prob is that it tells me that the decoder ffmpeg is missing in the directory /usr/bin/ffmpeg . I can not access this directory. I tried downloading ffmegX , but apparently it is another thing. How to download and convert with downloadhelper? Thank you in advance for your help .

darhsit Guest

Re: Video conversion with DownloadHelper

In the Finder menu "Go"-> Go to Folde and you type "/usr/bin" (Shortcut: "apple capital G") on ffmpeg (THE video library), no idea of the appropriate And indeed the old soft ffmpegX has nothing to do here. For info, instead of ffmpeg should not be in /usr/bin/ but in /usr/local/bin, that little word changes.

Thank you for your clarification to me very useful!

Regarding the ffmpeg, in fact it DownloadHelper tells me that I lack the codec for that location.

So which codec to install to resolve this query?

download youtube videos in mp4 format

Hello, there many online video sites available which allows you to download youtube videos in mp4 format directly, ,means you don't need to implicitly convert them into a mp4 format. Just google for those sites. One i use is clipnabber.com and another one is keepvid.com. There are many more other options also.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Go to DownloadHelper website and know which necessory codec you need to download and install. On windows i have installed the k-lite codec and div-x codecs to work with DownloadHelper, i don't know if they are available on MAC. But try to search for them may be you get them for mac or there are other codec choices for mac.