Thread: Need audio driver for Compaq Presario CQ40-506TU

Need audio driver for Compaq Presario CQ40-506TU

Hi everyone,
    Recently my laptop "Compaq Presario CQ40-506TU" was infected by several serious viruses and my whole system was infected, to get out of them i need to format my laptop and now the problem is gone. But another new problem arises, as i am out of station and right now i don't have all my drive cd's by which i can install all the driver. I need some help in finding best suited drivers for my laptop, specially audio driver. So please help me as soon as possible.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Need audio driver for Compaq Presario CQ40-506TU

If you want all the needed drivers for your laptop then you need to go to the official website of compaq, there you will find all the drivers which you laptop needs and all the specification about the drivers which you will need during the installation of the driver. If you don't have any driver cd you should not panic if you want any solution then you need to directly visit the official site of the manufecturer where you can find all the solutions. Just go to the following link....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3973120

I think you need this audio driver which is called "HP Compaq 6710b Notebook ADI SoundMAX HD Audio Driver v6.10.1.5160" for Windows Vista operating system. It is a great audio driver for your laptop as i have searched for it on the internet and i found that this is the best suited driver for your laptop. You can just download it by going on the website "download-laptop-drivers", there you can find this driver and it is completely free of charge.

How to install a video driver from the compaq website:

After going to the web site, click on the particular driver which you want and then select the SAVE option and save it on the desktop.

After saving the file please Run it on the desktop and restart the laptop.

After that you need to click on Start and select Run and now type "devmgmt.msc" in the cmd and press enter.
    Do the right click on the "Video Controllers" and click on Update driver.
    You need to select "Install from a list or specific location".
    Click on Next and then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
    After that click on Next and then select "Display Adapters" from the given list.
    Click on Next and after that click on the Have Disk.
    You need to click on Browse C:\swsetup\sp33537 folder and then select the .inf file, click open and then continue with the onscreen instructions.

As humberto has instructed you, how to install video driver on your laptop, you can use same method for the installation of Audio driver. First you need to download audio driver from the official site of compaq and then follow the instructions as humbeto has instructed you to install a particular driver. If you want the whole instruction on how to get the drivers ans what are the steps to install a driver then you need to check it on google search by going on the internet.