Thread: URL not removed when deleting browser history

URL not removed when deleting browser history

I am having problem in the removal of the URL of the different website from the browser which i am using for surfing on the internet. I am using the Internet explore for the browsing purpose. I have deleted the browsing history by pressing the Ctrl+H, but still the list of website URL from the address bar of the IE in not deleted. So i am not able to remove URL when deleting browser history. So guide me how to remove website URL from IE.

Re: URL not removed when deleting browser history

You are having issues related with the removal of the website URL from the address bar of the internet explorer when you have deleted the browsing history of the internet explore by pressing the Ctrl+H from the keyboard. First of all i want to tell you that you cannot remove the URL of the website when you delete the browsing history by pressing the Ctrl+H from the keyboard. You can delete only the web pages you have visited on the particular day or as the choices given.

However you want to remove the URL's of the website present in the address bar, you can do it manually from the internet options of the Internet Explorer. You can go to the Internet options from the tools menu of the Internet explorer that you are using for the browsing purpose. So go to it and delete the other internet files along with the history of the browsing.

Follow the steps mentioned below and after that the URL History removal which you are facing will be resolved properly.
    Start IE -> Go to Tools ->Go to Internet options -> After that select general TAB -> Temporary Internet Files -> Delete Cookies -> Delete Files. After that all the URL stored in the address bar of the Internet Explore will be removed from the browser.

Try the solutions given above and revert back soon that anyone of the above idea have worked for the problem or not. I will advice you to check out these two links if any of the above mentioned solutions does not works. I hope that your problem will be resolved after referring to the link which i am providing you.
    I cannot remove a site from the IE dropdown
    Can't delete Internet Explorer's History ...