Thread: Unable to Install Microsoft Office 2010 On My computer

Unable to Install Microsoft Office 2010 On My computer

Hello, I am having Windows xp installed in my computer. And recently I try for installing the Microsoft Office 2010 on my computer. But, I am not able to install it on my computer. If you are having any solution for achieving the installation of the Microsoft Office 2010 on my computer then please help me to achieve it.

Re: Unable to Install Microsoft Office 2010 On My computer

Hello, I think you must provide more details about your problem. If you are getting the problem of the installation then it may possible that you either got some error or you have end up with some unexpected result. So, if you provide details about it, then I can able to help you. So, that it may be simpler to get your problem and get your problem solved in minimum time.

Hello, If you want to install the Microsoft Office 2010 then it is necessary to fulfill the following requirements:
    • Computer and processor : 500 MHz processor or higher
    • Memory : 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher
    • Hard disk : 2 gigabytes (GB).
    • Drive : CD-ROM drive or DVD drive
    • Display 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor
    • Operating system : Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3) (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 with SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit). Terminal Server and Windows on Windows (WOW) (which allows installing 32-bit versions of Office 2010 on 64-bit operating systems) are supported.
    • Additional : Requirements and product functionality can vary based on the system configuration and operating system.

Hey, I think you must try to install the Microsoft Office 2010 on your computer with the help of Safe Mode. Some of the time it may possible that due to some of the permissions issue your computer wont allow you to install any software on your computer, But if you simply make use of the Safe mode and login with the Administrator account you will able to get the solution for your problem. So, just use the safe mode by making use of the F8 key at the starting of your computer and you will able to install the Microsoft Office 2010 on your computer. So, just try it.

Hello, some time this sort of problem may occur due to the existing files of the older version. As some of the files from the older version wont be deleted and you are not able to get the solution for this problem. So, for that you need to simply remove all of the files manually. So, first delete all of the log files and temp files from your computer and then you will able to get the solution for your installation of the Office 2010.

Hello, if you are getting the error of the Install Error 1402 then you must need to follow the steps below:
    • You need to open the command prompt.
    • Now type the command below:

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
    If you are not able to get the solution the try for below one:
    • First you need to download SubInAcl.
    • After that you need to add the below lines in your notepad file:
      Code:
      subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /setowner=administrators
      subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /setowner=administrators
      subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /setowner=administrators
      subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
      subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
      subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
      cls
      Exit
    • Save it with the reset and provide the extension as cmd.
    • Now you need to run this file as an administrator.
    • Problem solved.

techtrickz Guest

If you are using Windows XP SP2 either you should update it to SP3 or download and install MSXML 6 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en) from Microsoft.

i am using winxp sp-2, MSXML 6 has already been installed in my system but still unable to install microsoft office 2010

Quote Originally Posted by aqib chaudhry View Post
    i am using winxp sp-2, MSXML 6 has already been installed in my system but still unable to install microsoft office 2010
    Are you logged in as admin and trying to install the microsoft office 2010 or so and still getting the same problem? I see that you have service pack 2 installed, so first I would recommend you to install all the latest updates in your computer to Service pack 3 and then try to install the microsoft office 2010 suite.