Thread: Webcam Manager is not starting on Windows 7

Webcam Manager is not starting on Windows 7

I am having a Dell Inspiron 1750, installed with Windows 7 operating system. I am facing a weird situation in my system that the software called Webcam Manager is not starting on Windows 7. I have done the installation of the same without any issues, but it is refusing to start. Actually, nothing happens, when I click on the application. Kindly provide some help as soon as possible.

Run Webcam Manager in the compatibility mode

I guess that there may be some sort of incompatibility issues between the operating system and the software due to which Webcam Manager is not starting on Windows 7. So, my suggestion is to run Webcam Manager in the compatibility mode. Do this with the help of the troubleshoot compatibility option. You can use the recommended settings there or specify the problems that you are facing in the check boxes provided.

Webcam Manager is incompatible with Windows 7

Hello there, I have found out from the internet that Webcam Manager is incompatible with Windows 7. This is why Webcam Manager is not starting on Windows 7. I suppose that you will have to search the internet for the the complements that are available for the same because there are no other solutions that can solve such incompatibility issue.

Forcefully execute the program

You can try out to forcefully execute the program, if Webcam Manager is not starting on Windows 7. The "run as administrator" option has to be used for this purpose. I am using Windows 7 operating system too and when I come across any sort of incompatibility issue, I try the same above technique and many a times, it works. So, your problem will also be solved with this method.

The compatibility tool for Webcam Manager

If Webcam Manager is not starting on Windows 7, then just search for the compatibility tool for Webcam Manager. Such tools have been released for all those applications and softwares, that are facing any kind of incompatibility problem with the Windows 7 operating system. So, according to me, such a tool must be released for this particular software too. Just remember to install the tool before Webcam Manager is installed.

Windows Vista has no such issues

Windows Vista has no such issues and you must have known till now that the features that it has is similar to the Windows 7 operating system. The only problem is that it is little slow when compared to Windows 7. So, I think that you must quit Windows 7 and degrade the operating system to Windows Vista, so that you will also not have to worry about the issue that Webcam Manager is not starting on Windows 7.

Re: Webcam Manager is not starting on Windows 7

My integrated webcam will only work online with Skype etc. when hard wired to the internet (plug in cable from modem - disable wireless connection).

My guess is that this is a problem with usbvideo.sys in Windows 7 which won't work properly while using a wifi connection.

My girlfriend is in hospital at the moment having chemotherapy to fix a life threatening disease. Therefore the use of my webcam to communicate with her was essential - and should have been straightforward. I've spent many hours this week trying to resolve the problem with different drivers/rollbacks/device manager - even purchasing a new usb webcam (but it uses the same usbvideo.sys!!).

So one solution is to plug in your internet connection via the cable. Another might be to purchae a webcam with it's own driver that does not use windows preloaded usbvideo.sys (if such a camera exists - can anyone confirm?).

I trust Dell Engineers will work as hard as I have this week to ensure that this minor software issue can be resolved, as small things like this can have a large effect on the lives of people that try to use your computers, and assume that things will work in a straightforward manner.

I will be checking back on this thread regularly for progress on this common issue.