Thread: Install time machine in ubuntu

Install time machine in ubuntu

Hello,
    I'm posting here because my ultimate goal is to get Ubuntu on a mac alternative way. My question may seem far-fetched or may be absurd. (I have a Macbook OS X (2.4 GHz, 2G RAM, 160 G), a 1TB hard drive dedicated to Time Machine, and a dvd of ubuntu.) I wanted to know if it was possible to install linux on an external drive dedicated to time machine, If you have any more idea about this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Install time machine in ubuntu

Hello,
    It should not be a problem. I installed Ubuntu in dual boot on a MacBook, it turned impeccable. I simply did not use Bootcamp for partitioning, but partitioning tool included in Ubuntu. However, I do not know if you need to go 200, it seems to me much. It depends on what you do with your Ubuntu, of course. My own was just to find and dispose of an alternative, do I store almost anything, so I only go 10.

Hello,
    Even I am thinking of something like that. I would see my score may be down, but I plan to change many things in Ubuntu and use it often enough so I decided to make a partition so large (and also because I have room and it's not that often ). That said I do defragment my external hard drive 1TB Time Machine over to rearrange data and then time machine runs well enough to have space I do not take the risk of overwriting data that could be "important".

Hello,
    I partitioned my hard drive dedicated to time machine with the "Disk Utility" This has served to anything because I had to cancel this transaction with the Gnome utility. Then I inserted the installation DVD, burn by me, booted on it using the command pom (cmd) + C then I got on the utility of ubuntu, so I decided to walk through the development of bone RAM (test part). Then I used the installer icon on the desktop of ubuntu for this purpose, create 3 partitions /, / home and swap and finished the installation.

Hello,
    So there, you expect more than my CD installation, mac OS X that are staying with and should arrive by mail, to instal the archive, or use as a last resort delete it installed, while hoping that my score Time Machine is not taken a hit on the don't.
    Review: First step, installing Linux on my external hard drive successfully.
    Second step, restart mac messed up. I hope my experience will benefit the other. I'll tell you how I managed to get out, if I succeeded.