Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-02-2010

Importing files to iMovie 09

Hello everyone, I have an iMac and a Sony CX520. Although Apple states that the CX520 is supported by iMovie'09, but I still can not. Whenever I connect the CX520 via the USB cable on iMac, iPhoto opens right away. But iMovie does not open. If you open it manually in lite device, I can not find the iSight. Do you have a solution? Thank you in advance!
Old 25-02-2010

Re: Importing files to iMovie 09

Have you try to start imovie before connecting your camcorder? A disc-it appears in the finder? On my sony, You must click Connect to the USB connection. I know some have also had trouble because they had mixed catches of other SD and HD.
Old 25-02-2010

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. iPhoto comes to open automatically when I connect my Sony. This may mean that the connection is good. I also checked the file format, there are only STDs in my sony. Still no solution
Old 25-02-2010

Refer to following threads:

Importing movies to iMovie
iMovie is not importing Video from Sony camera

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 25-02-2010

Which Mac are you using? What format did you record the video? Are you sure configuration of the camera by hand to transfer video to computer? The problem is that most videos are MPEG1 change not compatible with QuickTime, because of how the audio is multiplexed with the video. But iMovie '09 supports several Sony cameras turn MPEG1 movies. But only directly from the camera MPEG-1 itself.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,