Thread: VLC Full Screen problem

VLC Full Screen problem

Hello,

When I watch a divx in full screen with vlc, I have a strange feeling frame that rides on the screen, like when you shoot some work that was not the same frequency as you, a TV screen for example. Do you know this problem?
    It is very light but affecting my eyes..

Thank you

Re: VLC Full Screen problem

Which version of VLC you ar using?

I'm also using VLC but there is no issue, is same happens with the other media player? have you tried with quicktime player?

It can be the display/monitor issue.

Hello, I'm up for a similar problem.

Here are the materials used: VLC 0.8.6a / OSX 10.4.11 / G4 450MHz / 1.5GB RAM / GeForce4 MX 32MB / Apple Cinema HD / 1920x1200 pixels / 32 bit color

And here's the concern: I watch avi files or video_ts, whether on DVD or hard drive, I have the same concern. The video pass smoothly in full screen with QuickTime or DVD player but not VLC. On VLC, 200% jerk it, and full screen it gets all black (the sound, he continues normally). it does seem to be a specific problem with VLC.

An idea of why, and perhaps an idea of how?

On 0.9.4, with the Qt4 interface it's normal. There is a race condition or synchronisation problem between the qt intf and X which results in a crash (not that often but it does happen) . See https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2136 for details

On 0.9.3 with the skins i don't know, but the skins interface module is not really maintained

Source: videolan.org
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Uninstall all the add-on codecs and run a reg cleaner to clean all remnents. If then also problem persist then uninstall VLC and Nero or other programs for DVD playback, then run the reg cleaner again. Just install VLC and use it to see if it still flickers. If not reinstall it, then other applications one by one to see which is causing the problem. Another thing is possible that your resolution is a tad bit higher or your graphics card is OC'd a bit too much and caused things to become unstable.