Thread: Configuring Connectify for Wi-Fi hotspot

Configuring Connectify for Wi-Fi hotspot

Hi, i have a Windows 7 laptop and i want to make it a Wi-fi hotspot so that my family members also use internet from my system. To do so, i downloaded a software named as Connectify, suggested by my friends. To be frank, i dont know anything about this software. So i request you guys to please guide me in configuring Connectify for Wi-Fi hotspot. Thanks in advance.

Re: Configuring Connectify for Wi-Fi hotspot

To share the connection with other people or other computers, just turn your laptop connected to the Internet through the Ethernet jack in WiFi hotspot. Connectify is the best tool i can sy to share the Internet with friends, co-workers, and mobile devices.Note that Connectify will also allow you to share your WiFi with others, even if you're already using the wireless connection for Internet access. Connectify requires Windows 7 to run. This must be installed on your laptop. On computers that wish to connect to the access point, regardless of their system: Windows XP, Vista, Linux, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android, etc..

As you said you have already downloaded Connectify, just double click it to install. In the wizard that opens, click the button I agree. Click Next and then Finish. Once it is installed, you need to configure the wireless access. To do so, just follow these steps:-

1. Connectify is then executed and placed in the taskbar. Click on the icon to configure the access point.
    2. WiFi in the field Name, enter the name (SSID) of the hotspot that you create.
    3. Choose a complicated password. Persons wishing to use your access point will enter. Click the View button to see the password you are typing.
    4. Scroll and select Internet network connection that you currently use to connect to the Internet and want to share via the wireless network.
    5. Finally, click on the Start button hotspot.
    6. The access point is now started and active.

Thats it.

You'll now be able to connect to WiFi hotspot from other computers or mobile phones (WiFi) and use the shared Internet connection by Connectify. In order to Connect to wireless access point:-

• On another computer, click the Wireless Network icon in the taskbar.
    • The list of wireless networks within range is displayed. In this line, a hotspot that you just created is now.
    • Click it and click the Connect button.
    • Then enter the password which protects your access point and you've defined previously. Click OK.
    • You are then connected to the computer acting as a WiFi hotspot and thus to the Internet.
    • On the computer where you installed Connectify, you are notified each time someone connects to the hotspot.
    • Click on the icon Connectify to view the list of connected users.

And you are done.