Thread: Cut video with windows movie maker?

Cut video with windows movie maker?

Hello everyone,

As the title indicates, I'd like to cut a video. The problem is not knowing what to do, because I know the process. What I do not understand is that once the imported video in windows movie maker, there is only sound and no images. Just drag the video into the timeline, the file is therefore in the "Audio / Music" instead of "video". A video of almost 2 hours has not been a problem and one of 20 minutes was not "recognized" as a video. Is this a problem or another format?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Cut video with windows movie maker?

The trouble with windows movie maker is that it does know few video formats. The easiest will be to convert it in .Wmv format to be able to operate with the windows movie maker. You can use any video converter for conversion, i recommend Internet video converter.

I make use of iMovie and export it all into iDVD. Now it is several times that I use both and both encourage really get down to editing. There is no real iMovie you can get for Windows, but the new version of Adobe Premiere Elements, there is a program so closely that it might as well. It simplifies all the technical stuff on video editing and publishing process.

I am famaliar with all Mac and Windows because I have used and owned most of them. About these new versions, Windows Movie Maker in Windows 7 is much better than iMovie in Mac OS Snow Leopard. Windows Vista has been an epic failure but at least in all versions of Windows (XP, Vista, Windows 7), Movie Maker has remained the same and is a good editing program functional to use.

Have you installed the codecs to make movie maker to support all video formats? by the way which video file type you are trying to cut? There are many alternative available for windows movie makes who supports more formats than windows movie maker, see this thread to know windows movie maker alternative: Windows movie maker substitute

Firstly, you can download the video for editing in Windows Movie Maker if the video format. Wma. Otherwise WMM reject all other formats. However, if the video format. Wma, all you have to do is to WMM in "Import" section click on "Videos". Select the video you want to download and click on "Import". After importing the video, click it and drag the "Video" from the timeline below. Go to the part of the video you want to cut. Once you find the position on the timeline, click the pause button, then click the button that says "Split". Continue up the other end of the piece you want to cut and click on "Split" again. Click on the section Split and click "Delete" on your keyboard.

Try use the program VidCrop PRO

Dylan18 Guest

I use VidCrop too.It's prog for crop video and also you can use zoom)It's helps me alot.)