Thread: Problems opening Photoshop CS4

Problems opening Photoshop CS4

Hello everyone,

I installed Adobe Photoshop CS4, but I can not keep Photoshop or Indesign to open more 5 seconds. when I try to do something on it, it crashes.

Font Problems? Plugin? This was stated in various texts. But how to overcome that?

please help! Thank you!

Re: Problems opening Photoshop CS4

Hello,

It's easier if you give us your system configuration.

Apart from the fonts (it's fairly easy to disable for example), other problems may arise, the Repair Permissions is a must. Empty caches also.

you phone prior to Adobe and they are also at your service ...

I have windows xp and 2Gb ram, 2G ram , It is the only information I have to my knowledge. Then if not, yes I have tried to repair permissions and I also tried to disable fonts. But I can not call Adobe if you know what I mean ...
    But I do not know if t is installed on another pc.

Thank you in any case,

Crashes occur, Photoshop CS4 won't open, or some features are slow and OpenGL is unavailable

If Photoshop crashes when you open it, or won't open, and you have an older display card, then you can install the Disallow Open GL Windows plug-in (Mac OS) or registry script (Windows)

1. Close Photoshop CS4.
    2. Navigate to the Adobe Download site: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows
    3. . Download the Adobe Photoshop CS4 GPU Optional Plug-ins file.
    4. Double-click this file, and choose to unzip the files into a location you'll remember.
    5. Optional: create a Windows restore point or back up your registry before you run these registry scripts.
    6. Double-click the Disallow_OpenGLWindows_ON_D.reg file. Confirm that you want to add the information to your registry.
    7. Note: When you run this script, it makes a small change to your registry.
    8. Restart Photoshop.

More: Crashes occur, Photoshop CS4 won't open, or some features are slow and OpenGL is unavailable
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

I had the same problem I realized the problem had to be software-wise after reinstalling my video driver and having Photoshop CS4 load properly.

But there can be more reasons, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

If yes, you're convinced that your serial number is legitimate? Adobe has integrated security guards (not sure what they are) to check serial numbers. All I know is they disable the program by some means. It's the only reason I ask.