Thread: Transfer image from digicam to snow leopard

Transfer image from digicam to snow leopard

Hi,
    I have a Digital camera from canon. I had some photos in it. To mail them I have to import those photos in the pc and then forward the same. I need suitable tool for the same to work on this on MAC. I am not so much familiar with this. Which application in MAC I can use to do image transfer and thus mail the same. I also want adjust the image properties. Thanks in advance.

re: Transfer image from digicam to snow leopard

Image Transfer is an application delivered and installed with OS X. It allows you, if you're holding a digital camera to easily transfer your shots from the camera to the computer. It comes with MAC and you can locate the same from your Dock. The other tool which you can use for the same purpose is iPhoto. This is a simple tool which helps you to transfer your photos from the camera to your iPhoto library.

Image Transfer can also download the audio or video digital cameras. This works with all mobile phones equipped with camera. Then you can also scan your photo via it. So this looks a quiet a useful thing. To use Image transfer with a camera, simply connect the camera to a USB port (or FireWire for some models) from your computer to perform this operation (cable connection comes with the most digital cameras compatible with OS X).

If you are using Snow Leopard then the interface of Image Transfer has been completely revised and corrected. It has been both simplified, but also improved. Connect your digital camera to the Mac, then launch Image Transfer. This large window opens. By clicking on the connected device in the left column, you can view the photos contained on a memory card (by a single photo in my Sony). Just select the photos you want to import on your hard drive and click on Import. For import, simply click on the button Import All.

In Image Transfer you can adjust the size of image thumbnail to get a better view. It has a slider t the bottom right will increase / decrease the size of the thumbnails appearing on screen. Beside each thumbnail, you have lots of information about your photos: Name, File Size, Aperture, depth, color space, width, height, dpi, EXIF, focal length, shutter speed, ISO, Location, Flash , Manufacturer and Model.

The buttons at the bottom of the window allow you to opt for a presentation by list or icons, to operations turnover and import your picture to folder Images or another destination, to Mail, Overview or iPhoto to convert to PDF etc. You have to note one thing that finally if your camera is compatible with this function you can use Image transfer to lead this unit and take a picture. Simply select your device in the left column, then go through the menu file / Take a picture.