Thread: What are the Features of Microsoft Excel 2008 for mac

What are the Features of Microsoft Excel 2008 for mac

Hi,

I am using Microsoft excel 2007 on my imac. I am planning to upgrade it to Microsoft Excel 2008. I have tried open office but I am use-to with Excel. So just for information can you tell me what are the features in Microsoft Excel 2008 for mac ?

re: What are the Features of Microsoft Excel 2008 for mac

Excel 2008 helps you manage your data to produce impressive results, compelling charts and graphs percussive. The ledger sheets in Excel 2008 easier tracking finances, inventories, invoices or portfolio through a series of preformatted spreadsheets and automatic calculations. You can Write and edit formulas without having to remember function names, defined names, or other components of a formula. When you type a formula in a cell, you can select functions, names and valid named ranges in context.

Re: What are the Features of Microsoft Excel 2008 for mac

Formula Builder feature in Microsoft Excel 2008 for mac is really good. The Formula Builder helps you create formulas in a simple, step by step. You do not have to memorize functions or their syntax. Use it to create formulas, search functions, insert functions and arguments in existing formulas and help on all the Excel functions.

The Excel 2008 spreadsheets preformatted can lead a checkbook, track an investment portfolio, create an expense report and perform various other common tasks. Each ledger sheet corresponds to a specific scenario. For example, if you open a worksheet bill, it contains all the formulas and columns appropriate for tracking and managing invoices.

In Microsoft Excel 2008 for mac, you can create modern-looking graphics using new models and graphics tools that include special effects such as 3-D, transparency and shadows. You can preview and insert any chart directly from the Graphics tab of the Elements. After creating a chart in Excel, you can use it in other Office documents.

Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications is not compatible with this version. As a result of Excel and VBA add-ins depend on, such as Solver, not included in the current version. Microsoft is exploring the idea of bringing some of the functionality of Excel Solver again. Microsoft a new Solver for Excel 2008 is available as a free download from Frontline Systems, the original developers of the Excel Solver.