Thread: lynda.com Player is unable to create its folder in the "My Documents" folder

lynda.com Player is unable to create its folder in the "My Documents" folder

Hello all, I have freshly installed windows vista ultimate on my pc because my pc was infected with virus and hence needed to clean it. Anyways, basically I needed a personal finance software to manage my finance and hence did a search on google about which is the best software to manage personal finance. I got hundred of lists and among them only one software that I liked was Quicken. So I bought it from amazon and but whenever I am trying to install the software it stops at a message called "Lynda.com Player is unable to create its folder in the "My Documents" folder" and I am stucked installing it. Please can anyone tell me how to solve this issue. Thank you

Re: lynda.com Player is unable to create its folder in the "My Documents" folder

I think what you can do is move the folder close to the root of your drive as close as possible because there is sometimes when the software doesnt works if you try to run it through a long path of your folder. Follow the below examples:

1. First try to put the folder to c:\lynda.
    2. try not to run it from a long path for example - c:\documents and settings\username\my documents...

Re: lynda.com Player is unable to create its folder in the "My Documents" folder

You have to install .NET 2.0 framework or higher cause it might be required for that software. If you have bought the install CD of the software then an installer is provided on this disc, for your convenience. If you dont have the .net framework in your cd then alternately you can download the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Redistributable Package. Hope that helps.

If you have the installation CD of the Quicken software then read the readme.txt file in the CD-ROM which is included already

SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS OF Quicken
    To use this CD-ROM, QuickTime 7 or higher is required. No support will be provided for QuickTime "software" by lynda.com, Inc. All support inquiries should be directed to the manufacturer of the software program.

To upgrade to QuickTime 7 or higher, Mac users can go to: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download.
    Windows users can either download QuickTime from the same link, use the QuickTime installer included on the disc.

On the other hand you can also try some Best Personal Finance Software, alternately which is listed below:

1. Moneydance
    2. AceMoney
    3. BankTree Personal
    4. RichOrPoor
    5. iCash
    6. Budget Express
    7. Account Xpress