Thread: AAC audio support in MAC

AAC audio support in MAC

Hi,
    Does it is possible to play AAC audio sounds on a mac computer. I have a DVD in which I had copied some high quality audio formats. My friend has a older computer and I want to play this disc on the same without converting or changing anything. Also what is the features of this sound format. Does converting or creating aac audio formats is beneficial or just an heavy audio format.

Re: AAC audio support in MAC

In terms of audio, is more frequently used the term AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) which is the new codec (compression-decompression) audio in digital broadcasting and Internet as standard MP4. The current emergence of this new format is due to the fact that the AAC codec is of exceptional quality. It is a high resolution audio which is can yield sample rate to 96Khz. It also has improved decoding support in easy way.

The encoding standard AAC has a double advantage over MP3: Compression is increased, which means that after you rip an audio CD, MP4 files obtained will be smaller than if they had been ripped MP3 (choosing the same encoding settings). The other advantage is that despite a lighter weight, AAC files are of much better quality, near CD quality audio.

MP3 is a format certainly become widespread in the world of Internet audio, but this format has over ten years now and much progress has been made since in the encoding and compression. The AAC is the result of these advances and thus yields better audio quality while reducing file size! It is therefore likely that this format is required instead of the MP3 a few times.

It is true that Mac OS X is compatible with the MP4. You can play that with QuickTime Player. You can open all the audio / video in MP4 format using QuickTime Player. And of course you can use iTunes to encode in MP4 (AAC) and play your audio files and MP4 libraries and create your iTunes in MP4 (AAC). The latest version of Quicktime is recommended same for better output.

If you have QuickTime Pro then you can play those audio files. The older version are lacking in the feature. The benefits of this tool is that it gives you a much improved compression result with higher quality of audio and that too is small file size. It also support a range of multichannel audio. This provides you up to 48 full frequency channels.