Thread: Header and Footer in OpenOffice

Header and Footer in OpenOffice

Hello
    I wanted to know how it was possible to put a footer on all pages of a file. Odt without it appearing on the first page. And also on the headers. Thank you for your answers. If you have any knowledge of the headers and the footers in openoffice, then please let me know.

Re: Header and Footer in OpenOffice

Hello,
    We must apply the style "First Page" on the first page of your document. (Available in the dialog box "styles and formatting, styles tab page). The headers and footers standard does not apply to the first page. You can also insert a header and footer specific to the first page (see Insert menu / header and or footer). If you need any help regarding this topic then please do post back we will try to solve your query.

Hello,
    Even I am trying for the headers and footer in OpenOffice. By the way thanks for the information you have posted. In fact, to create a header is very simple. But I spend the C2I (easy too) when I am asked to put a header and a footer to all pages except the first. And then it gets stuck because I put on all pages or on any. Any idea about this. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I do not understand, at home it works perfectly (I have version 2.0.4 of OpenOffice) And if I create a document using the Page Style "First", the first page and the page style for Standard pages, I can have a header and footer on all pages except the first. That's what you want right? If I am not correct then please provide more information so that we can help you out of this.

Hello,
    Yes, that's all to do that. And I understand better now: I must create the style "front page" as you say because I have the style "standard" where the header is present. Well, I'll try to create this style "front page" where no header will appear. Hope it works. Please let me know if you have a solution for this. Thank in advance.

Hello,
    Are you sure of not having style "First" available in the designer? is a standard style for OpenOffice. I think you should have a look at the openoffice's official site for more information, there you can find all the answers for you queries regarding the Openoffice problems. Or else I would recommend you to buy a book on OpenOffice and read it and then try to use the features available.