Thread: What is RedSn0w?

What is RedSn0w?

Hello everybody, I have bought a brand new Apple iPhone 3G S. I have heard it from my friend to use RedSnOw on my iPhone. Now can anybody help me to know that what is RedSn0w and how to use it on iPhone 3G S. Is it something related to the hacking from the iPhone?

About RedSn0w.

Basically RedSn0w is a multi-platform, multi-device hacking tool made by the Dev Team. This tool has several versions according to the models of iPhone, Mac OS and Windows. However there are some issues regarding the compatibility on OS X PPC which will be fixed as soon as possible.

RedSn0w for iPhone 3G users.

If you are using iPhone 3G then you can use redsn0w only for jailbreaking the iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0. And if you are using yellowsn0w already to unlock your iPhone 3G then you must not use this tool. It has been said by the Dev Team who have made this tool that iPhone 3G users have to wait for some time to have UltraSn0w to unlock iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0.

RedSn0w for iPhone 3G S users.

You said that you have bought a iPhone 3G S, I would like to tell you that RedSn0w is not able to jailbreak or Unlock iPhone 3G S. But since the iPhone 3G can be used with this tool they will soon come up with the solution to use it on iPhone 3G S also. But i think yellowsnow would be compatible with the your cell phone, so you may try it to use it on your phone.

RedSn0w on iPod Touch.

If you are using the iPod and you wish to use RedSn0w on your ipod then you have caught a right tool to jailbreak both 1st generation iPod Touch and 2nd generation iPod Touch. As per your sayings you are using iPhone 3G S, so i think you must try for PwnageTool which is another tool for hacking the iPhones. If this does not works then there might be some other options also which you may use.