Thread: iSync : The sync manager is not available

iSync : The sync manager is not available

Hi,

I can not open iSync. When I do, this error message appears, "iSync can't be launched. The sync manager is not available." What does this means? I got my phone, but I can not sync because of this error in iSync. What should I do to resolve this problem ???

Re: iSync : The sync manager is not available

Once you've restored the SyncServices folder, you may need to reactivate some synchronization settings. Restoring SyncServices, restore the synchronization settings and local records and updates data changes with active sync on your user account in Mac OS X. The current data sets will not change, but it will erase the track record of changes that have been made to the data and settings will disable some synchronization.

If you're going to sync with an iPhone via USB and iTunes, you must re-activate the settings for data synchronization in iTunesAs Bookmarks, Calendars, Contacts, etc.. You can check these settings in iTunes the next time you connect your iPhone to your Mac. If you go to sync mail settings, note that in some cases is deselected. These rules still exist, but you have to re-activate you want to use by selecting the checkbox next to them in the Rules pane of Mail preferences.

Make sure the computer and the device are turned on, connected properly (check the FireWire, USB or Bluetooth) and set them to be synchronized with iSync (so it appears in the iSync window). If you use a Bluetooth device, make sure you are within the scope of your computer. For information about how to configure the computer and devices to synchronize using iSync, click "more."

In iSync, choose Window> Log synchronization 'to view detailed information about the last synchronization that you made. If synchronization fails for some reason, when it finishes a window opens that displays the date and timing errors that have occurred. This same error information, along with all changes made on computers and devices, is shown in the Register of iSync

If you have changed your settings or any settings, try to perform the synchronization again. If the data are still not synchronized, you may need to start from the beginning by replacing the device information in the information contained on your computer. If you synchronize a phone, use the Sync button in the iSync window. (You can not synchronize data with the synchronization feature of the phone.)