Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to insert last date in excel 2010

Windows Software

Old 17-02-2010

How to insert last date in excel 2010

I have an excel file which has a table for keeping records of ordered items. Hence i try to let itself updated unanimously that's why it requires only a few values to be inputted, But I cannot ask it to read the B3:B11 to get the value of the last non blank cell for displaying a date. I wanted it to display the date on my mane sheet. Please help me to insert the last date in a table

Old 17-02-2010

Re: How to insert last date in excel 2010

To achieve this i will suggest you to use lookup formula and indirect with count so simply use this and i think you will actually get the result what you want i have mentioned the formula below:

=LOOKUP(9^9,B:B) or =LOOKUP(REPT("z"255)B:B)

Edit this formula accordingly to achieve the result what you wanted
Old 17-02-2010

Thanks for replying me friends but i would like to tell you that the formula which you suggested =LOOKUP(9^9,B:B) or =LOOKUP(REPT("z"255)B:B) has not helped me at all and hence please try to give me a different solution to get this result also i need this as early as possible. Thanks once again.
Old 17-02-2010

I think that the above function should help you in this matter but if the above function is not helping you in this matter then you might have to use the max function of excel for those dates because when you use the maximum value then it will definitely the last date in the table so using this should help you.
Old 18-02-2010

First of all i would like to thanks chroma but to my surprise the solution which you suggested has not helped me at all because when i try to use the above formula with the ma function i am not getting the result what i wanted hence i would like to have another solution regarding this matter. So please do the needful.
Old 18-02-2010

To get this problem solved i tried this on an empty worksheet in which i created a date column in the A1 after that i inserted todays date in A2 cell by Ctrl + ; Then i copied the series of the dates and selected the empty cells in different columns then implemented the MAX function and used the A column as my range the formula will be somewhat like =MAX(A:A).

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,