Thread: National Instruments softwares on Windows

National Instruments softwares on Windows

Hello sir,
    I am going to migrate the operating from Windows service pack 3 to Windows 7.For this task I formatted my drive and installed the fresh copy of Windows 7 and now I need to install the National Instruments software on this platform.Would you tell me These can be compatible with windows 7 or not! Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

National Instruments softwares on Windows 7

National Instruments softwares on Windows 7:

National Instruments Software is supported by Windows 7 Started Edition and it is perfectly supported with windows 7.The aforementioned versions of the National Instruments products is unable to run on windows because they are not officially supported.The officially support means well tested software and if any bugs occur that would be recalled by developer.

As about the windows documentations,the application that are running with windows vista that can run successfully on Windows7 as well.

Upgrading from windows7 without uninstalling NI softwares

Upgrading from windows7 without uninstalling NI softwares :

The system software handles the application that are currently installed in the system.The file management is arranged according to the operating system calculation and management.

In case if Up gradation,you can not upgrade the windows 7 without uninstalling NI softwares.When you would upgrade the Windows 7 operating system the files contained and file which is managed by operating system,get removed automatically.

Windows 7 Upgrade and Migration

Windows 7 Upgrade and Migration :

Before installing a new operating system,Check the hardware and software requirements for newly operating system which is going to be install.Before going to upgrade it,you need to backup all your data file and save it in different locations.

For Large Deployments,you need to use Windows® User State Migration Tool (USMT) 4.0 for migration process and for Small Deployments you can use upgrade feature provided with Setup or USMT to migrate and manage user settings and related files.

To Upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Visit here and for Migrating files from Windows XP to Windows 7 use this place to visit.

supported for my PXI controller

supported for my PXI controller :

The PXI which is from national instrument software production provides a better high-performance yet compact embedded computer resolution for your PXI based system.These embedded controller are identified as a integrated CPU, hard drive, RAM, Ethernet, video, keyboard/mouse, serial, USB, and other peripherals.The drivers are already installed to run the windows on PXI based system.

The Windows 7 operating system had been announced to launch at Oct 2009 and when the windows 7 would install it obviously support to the windows.
    Last edited by Macarenas; 17-02-2010 at 09:57 PM.