Thread: Problem in installing add-ons in Mozilla Firefox

Problem in installing add-ons in Mozilla Firefox

I am having the Mozilla Firefox web browsers installed and i am not able to install the add-ons in the browser. I want to add the Google toolbar and the Cooliris in the Mozilla firefox but when i am clicking download on the google toolbar then nothing happens. So how can i resolve the add-ons installation issue in Mozilla Firefox web browser. Provide me the solution of this issue as soon as possible.

Re: Problem in installing add-ons in Mozilla Firefox

You are having the computer system in which you have installed and using the Mozilla Firefox for browsing on the internet. This browser is working properly but you are having one issue with this browser. You are not able to install the Add-ons in this browser like Google toolbar, Cooliris etc. So first of all make sure that you have installed the browser properly and it is latest version.

You are saying that you are not able to install the add-ons for the Cooliris along with the google toolbar. First i will solve the problem of the Cooliris add-on. If you are not able install the cooliris from the firefox the you can also download and install directly from the website of the cooliris. This will solve the cooliris add-on issue in the mozilla firefox.

If you are trying to install the add-ons in the mozilla firefox manually and you are not able to install then you can also install the add-ons by one another method. Open the Mozilla Firefox web browser and after that go to Tools->Add-ons->get add-ons->select the add-on you want to install.
    If the add-on is not present in the list then click on the see all recommended add-ons. Select the add-on and install it.

I think the Add-on is not compatible which you are trying to install.An internal file in each add-on indicates the range Firefox versions with which the extension is compatible. In the Firefox Add-ons area of Mozilla, you can review version compatibility information on the page for each available extension. If your installed version of Firefox does not fit within that range, installing the add-on results in an error, indicating that the add-on is not compatible. If your version of Firefox is incompatible with the add-on, you can:
    • Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox.
    • Find a version of the add-on that is compatible with your version of Firefox
    • Use a different extension. For many extensions, there are similar extensions that provide the same functionality.

I think the software installation is disabled because of which you are not able to install the add-ons. It is possible to disable all installation of software, including add-ons, through Firefox. To check to see if software installation has been disabled:
    1. In the Location bar, type about:config and press enter
    2. In the Filter textbox, enter xpinstall.enabled.
    3. The value of xpinstall.enabled should be set to true. If this value is currently set to false, then software installation is disabled.
    4. To set the value to true, right-click hold down the Ctrl key while you click the property name, and select Reset.
    5. Try to re-install the extension.