Thread: Text editing features in leopard

Text editing features in leopard

I need some information on Text editing features in leopard. I had to run some fonts in my office which i had installed in mac. The issues is that word processor is not able to identify the fonts. I had tried many time but still there are junk characters. What should I do here for performing font substitutions in mac.

Re: Text editing features in leopard

Language & Text formerly known as the intercontinental pane, it now has a Text tab that presents a important new characteristic, the character and text substitutions. Is same to the functionality of Microsoft Office’s Auto Correct and utilities such as Text Expander and TypeIt4Me, Replacements will mechanically reinstate one text string with another as you type.

Here are some of the tip how to use it, when you are accumulation your own replacements, you can arrange text from the Clipboard instead of typing it, and the pressing alternative-Return—instead of Return— the you have to inserts a line-break in the replacement text. Regrettably, these replacements do not (yet) work in all apps; for example, they work in Pages, TextEdit, and iChat, but do not work in BBEdit or Word.

Developers necessitate to insert the right hooks in their software to gain this characteristic. Snow Leopard’s replace the characteristic also is not as powerful as devoted text-macro programs. But for many people, it will be sufficient. Another minor modification from Leopard’s International pane is that the Input Menu tab is at present called Input Sources. And within that tab, there’s a new alternative that lets you select a different input source for each document.

MobileMe there is at present a new sync alternative, which always keep the most recent version and description of a File. With this alternative selected, if you work on the similar iDisk- which is hosted file on several computers, the newest version an description will be kept when you sync. QuickTime this pane is disappeared. You can see Snow Leopard an Quicktime X” for full details.

You can switch to other third party software for the same. It is better for that. You can do one thing for that. I had downloaded a font tool which help me to mange all the fonts and other types of characters in mac. This becomes quite easy. Instead of adding up any font and making your system unstable use a easy service.