Thread: Snow leopard and windows 7 interface

Snow leopard and windows 7 interface

I am trying to get the difference between snow leopard and windows 7. I have to do a project work on different types of operating system where I had show up remarkable changes in the interface of different version of operating system. for my I had used mac and windows. Because both are on my PC. How to find those changes.

Re: Snow leopard and windows 7 interface

Through Windows 7’s re-tooled taskbar, Microsoft brings in a comparable characteristic called jump lists. Jump lists can not only make available right of entry to general commands and controls (Windows Media Player‘s jump list has a Play command and controls, for example), they also let you pin items to a precise list. For example, you can pin generally-used folders to the Windows Explorer jump list and significant documents to the WordPad jump list.

Snow Leopard does not have any characteristics that unswervingly evaluate to the jump list's pinning characteristic, in its place, Mac users can use stacks in the Dock to present fast right of entry to folders and files (drag any folder to the Dock to generate a stack). Stacks get a refresh in Snow Leopard with this you can now see limitless items in a stack using Grid view (thanks to the addition of scrollbars), as well as drill down into folders without having to open any Finder windows.

In accumulation to Leopard's preview characteristics (Quick Look, Cover Flow), Snow Leopard adds inline appetizer to the Finder’s icon to see. When you are seeing a folder using 64-by-64 pixel icons or larger, mousing over your files will display appetizer and playback controls. If you mouse over an audio or video file, you will get a play button. If your mouse over a Word doc, a PowerPoint arrangement, or PDF (among other general file formats), you will get forward and back arrows for paging through a document.

Windows 7 has an elective appetizer pane for use in any Explorer window. Select a file and the appetizer will come into view in the preview pane. Windows 7’s preview characteristic seems attractive essential evaluated to Snow Leopard’s (text loses all formatting, for example), but it is good than nothing. Also, as was the case with Vista, folder icons in Windows 7 give you a glance at the folder's contents. In this you can manage the Window.

Representation, a part of Mac OS X since 2003, learns some new deceptions in Snow Leopard. The majority notably, you can now click and hold the Dock icon for any open submission to examination all open windows for that submission. This now contains minimized windows, in previous versions and description of OS X, Expose disregarded any windows you sent to the Dock. In Snow Leopard, these windows are now symbolized by a thumbnail in Expose.