Thread: How to open AppleWorks documents

How to open AppleWorks documents

Hi,

I have some documents made in AppleWorks but I how to open AppleWorks documents. I tried to save the document as a Microsoft Word XP in apple and email to me to open it on my PC, saying "open with" open office, but it will not open? Does anyone know how I do it? ? Do I need to convert them ?? All information and suggestions are welcome!!

re: How to open AppleWorks documents

Unfortunately, AppleWorks format files are completely closed and can not be opened by other applications. Either way, AppleWorks is able to export some of their files in formats that NeoOffice can read. If you MacLinkPlus, you will find additional information on the export options. Save your AppleWorks text documents in RTF format or the latest version of MS Word for Windows that offers your version of AppleWorks.

In AppleWorks, save your spreadsheets in the latest version of MS Excel for Windows that offers your version of AppleWorks. Be sure to include the appropriate extension to file (. Xls) as import filters in OpenOffice.org (and thus NeoOffice) do not have a system to detect the extent and depend on the extent to use the appropriate filter.

NeoOffice can open vector files in PICT format and can edit them in NeoDraw, like any other vector format, unfortunately, recent versions of AppleWorks can no longer export to PICT and only offer to do a bitmap (*. bmp) , both through the "Save" and then doing a copy-paste. If you need your drawings are editable, your only option is to keep the drawings in the form of ClarisWorks 4 and save it from that program in PICT format. Be sure to give the file a. Pct, as import filters in OpenOffice.org (and thus NeoOffice) do not have a system to detect the extent and depend on the extent to use the appropriate filter.

To open AppleWorks documents, save your AppleWorks database as ASCII Text (currently this option creates tabulated values in the destination file). In the Finder, rename the file with a. Csv (Comma Separated Values) for the Calc dialog can properly identify the file. Traslate NeoOffice (the icon in the Dock), in the import dialog box that appears, change the character to "Western European (Apple Macintosh)" (or other appropriate encoding), mark the box "Tab" and uncheck the "Comma" in the "Separated by". Then you'll have a spreadsheet NeoCalc with the contents of your database.

Re: How to open AppleWorks documents

Another option is to save as ClarisWorks database MacLinkPlus 4 and then use to move your database to dBase format (. Dbf) or format (. Csv) and even the format (. Tsv), in the latter options, select the "Windows" for best results. NeoOffice can open bases. Dbf and can import CSV and TSV files into spreadsheets, which can be used as the basis for a simple database.