Thread: Not able to insert special characters in MAC

Not able to insert special characters in MAC

Hi,
    In my word processor in MAC I am not able to locate the special characters. I have to add up some currency information with the system displayed on the side of each. But I had looked in every option there is no button available for symbols. How do I get an currency symbol add in my documents. I had tried a other software but after saving the documents the characters reflects as small boxes.

Re: Not able to insert special characters in MAC

It is possible by using the Character Palette. Mac OS X, most special characters are hiding in the range of characters. In System Preferences, go to the International category, then in the Input Menu tab. If it is not already, check the Character Palette in the list, and Show input menu in menu bar at the bottom of the window. Now by this way you can insert characters in your documents.

When you access the Character Palette then move in the drop-down in the upper left of the palette, choose Show All characters. In the sidebar that appears, expand item symbols, and then click Symbols techniques. Here from the 3rd line to 5th you can special characters of keyboard keys Apple Command key. Like Alt, Esc, Eject, etc. You will discover more characters in the same windows.

If you are not able to access the Character Palette even after activating that then you have to again to to System Preferences > International > Input Menu and reactivate the service back again. Don't forget to choose Show Character Palette in the settings. It is a floating palette containing all Unicode characters, the successor to ASCII. The Unicode contains 65,536 while the ASCII table contained only 256. You can easily get to the number of arrows, stars and glyphs of all kinds it is possible to convey.

In Character Palette you will get a range of special characters listed by categories like math, arrows, brackets, crosses, stars, accented characters, Once your character selected, you can display in a particular font, see the related characters (who resemble them), see its Unicode number. But mostly you can insert it by clicking the button, or by doing a little drag so dear to our system.

The best part of this Palette is that it can be integrated with any application. You just need to set the function for the input device. It is easily accessible. This palette is much more convenient than the old application Keys to find a particular character who is not on the keyboard. I think this application will start gathering dust in my Utilities folder.