Thread: Recovering audio from old Disc

Recovering audio from old Disc

Hi,
    I have some collection of old disc and tapes. I need some details by which I can recover audios from them and put the same in my PC. I had tried this by recording but the quality is reduced to an extent. What options are available for the same. What is the hardware and software requirement for it. I am not so expert in sound editing. But still looking for easy solution. Thanks in advance.

Re: Recovering audio from old Disc

The problem of this old disc is that it occupies considerable space and, moreover, they are perishable: they wear is directly proportional to their use. These major defects probably explain the great success achieved by the popular CD here about 25 years. Besides being less bulky and easier to handle than LPs, the CD maintains its original quality intact, even in the case of heavy use. This is not confirm that you will get all your data back.

It is possible to transfer music from old disc to CD from our collection of LPs or mini-K7. For that you have to spend some amount on buying those devices which supports the playing of such old disc or tape. There is no way of moving songs to the PC without them. These add-on hardware will make your work more easy and your data can be recoverable.

If you are talking about CD then its 12 inches in diameter and thin (1.2 mm) gives it a portability that was not the LP. Theoretical quality sound reproduction with superior audio cassettes and vinyl records. (Dynamic more important, accurate reproduction of each reading by the system error correction, etc.). However, some demanding audiophiles or music lovers prefer the sound of vinyl they consider more musical and natural. This is why CD's got a good appreciation in the market.

I think to do that you need some advance knowledge of sound editing. Like for example the sound specification. The sound waves produced by the mechanical vibration of a fluid or solid medium and spread through the elasticity of the surrounding environment. The sounds are defined by three characteristics. The first is frequency, amplitude and patch. I will recommend you to collect more information on the same.

The best way for that is to contact some audio recording company and talk about the audio recovery. This will be less costly for you if you have a wide amount of audio discs, tape and gramophone records. There are many audio recording companies which offer this services. So instead of getting entire hardware for that you can simply switch to it.